Is it possible to make a patch for windows 8 so it can change network location like windows 7

I wonder can anyone make a patch or software for windows 8 network location setting to working like in windows 7.

I work with lot off network. in windows 7 that make easy for to set thing up very quickly every time I test a new network. Windows 7 can delete, merge or change name very easy. as for windows 8 all of that feature has been removed. I know there are way to do it but iti's very easy as it used to be and is should be also.

I'm not sure if this is what you were searching for, but if you left-click your network icon in the task bar, this new metro-like bar pops out on the right of your screen. If you right-click there on your network connection, you can turn network sharing on and off, which also changes your network type to private or public in the control panel :)

I'm not sure if this is what you were searching for, but if you left-click your network icon in the task bar, this new metro-like bar pops out on the right of your screen. If you right-click there on your network connection, you can turn network sharing on and off, which also changes your network type to private or public in the control panel :)

Yes, I do know that. what I wanted to know is can you patch it to work just like in windows 7 where click on it and change it on demand.

I know that there's a way to do it with a batch file.

I'm currently not on my computer, but i'll look for it later :)

Maybe you can do it with powershell, to since it's already a part of Win8

I know that there's a way to do it with a batch file.

I'm currently not on my computer, but i'll look for it later :)

Maybe you can do it with powershell, to since it's already a part of Win8

Thanks in advance Man.