Adding 24" vertically or replacing the whole thing

Jokrik

My need for more screen space has been growing fast these days

I am currently using an ASUS PB278Q and this monitor is amazing from my POV

I do game but I dont care about all those 144hz panel, as long as it's a good IPS/PLS I'm a happy man

So I saw linus take on the LG 34UM95 and the way he use it for work now, I think that is what I might need (a 3 side by side excel/word)

I've a looked at what option LG have and ended my eyes on LG 34UC97

Problem is I can only get that on ebay for almost USD1100 and that will be before custom tax which would require an extra USD 200-300

It might be a bit of a problem as it's quite expensive, and I've to sell my PB278Q to cover for it

Been looking for other option last night and saw adding a 24" 1080p monitor vertically would also be able to help my need

the one that I have my eyes on is the ASUS VN278H and it's not expensive (around USD250) AND it has vesa mount

(I use ergo tech on my PB and have an extra one for the VN, it would create a clean desk space)

I need opinion on which is a better option, especially from people who has dual monitor setup with one vertical on the side

GPU isn't a problem for me, I run 2 x 290s

QX2710 pls

Any QNIX , Crossover or any sort of those monitor is not an option

I owned one and built quality is poor, other than the amazing backlight bleed

Tried to tape fix it but still.... other than that I've to order the perfect pixel one and pay custom tax

+ the hustle for RMA ... big no for me

Any QNIX , Crossover or any sort of those monitor is not an option

I owned one and built quality is poor, other than the amazing backlight bleed

Tried to tape fix it but still.... other than that I've to order the perfect pixel one and pay custom tax

+ the hustle for RMA ... big no for me

My QNIX is fine, very little backlight bleed, and it's not the Perfect Pixel version.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

My QNIX is fine, very little backlight bleed, and it's not the Perfect Pixel version.

Yeah that's why, it's such a gamble

I rather spend more to get a consistent, better built quality and easy rma monitor from a well known brand

The replies hasn't really help me answer my questions though...

I've quickly come to love having a second monitor in portrait. I use it for Word docs, while my landscape monitor is for regular research.