Looking for a good 24" 1080p IPS monitor (non-gaming) besides my Asus VG248QE

Xen0m0rph

I'm looking for a very good IPS (or similar technology) monitor, 23.8" - 24" in size, 1920 x 1080 resolution.

I already have an Asus VG248QE monitor, which is the sole one i'm going to use for gaming - i don't really like the idea of multi-monitor gaming anyway. As most people know, VG248QE is not very good when it comes to colors and viewing angles, even after calibration, so that's why i'm looking for another monitor for all other activities besides gaming. This monitor should preferably be identical in size and resolution with the VG248QE. I'd prefer it however not to have a real response time higher than 5-6 ms.

My budget is around 350$ max.

Do you have any suggestions?

I was looking for literally the same thing today to complement my surround VG248QE setup.

I've been using the Dell P2314H (24" is the Dell P2414H). While the viewing angle was appreciated (is a top mounted monitor) and the colours decent, it's lack of speakers mean I need a different model. For you though, it is a nice monitor that works well for all that off-to-the-side stuff.

Depending where you are, you might get a whole lot more for $350.

Here's the whole range that satisfies your requirements

None of them appear to boast professional grade colors, but the Acer B246HYL does have a solid, height adjustable stand.

If you can deal with higher response time (on paper, because there is no standard industry measure) I suggest Dell's sexy U2414H or professional P2414H. They both use Dell's fully adjustable stand and costs $252 and $242 respectively.

Thanks, i didn't know pcpartpicker allows this level of detail when filtering out monitors, this is really helpful!

ASUS PA248Q.

That's a 1920x1200 monitor though. Good monitor nonetheless. $280

Yes, as i wrote before, i really want the monitor to have the exact 1920 x 1080 resolution, just like my other one.

Yes, as i wrote before, i really want the monitor to have the exact 1920 x 1080 resolution, just like my other one.

OK...

But why not get that much more vertical space? It's not like it's WQHD or 4K...

My build: tis be ordered

Dell U2414 ?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

What about ASUS PA238Q? Its 1920 x 1080p,but its 23 inch, 1 inch less as compared to what you have/want. 

I was looking for literally the same thing today to complement my surround VG248QE setup.

I've been using the Dell P2314H (24" is the Dell P2414H). While the viewing angle was appreciated (is a top mounted monitor) and the colours decent, it's lack of speakers mean I need a different model. For you though, it is a nice monitor that works well for all that off-to-the-side stuff.

Depending where you are, you might get a whole lot more for $350.

Er, doesn't the VG248QE already have speakers?

Er, doesn't the VG248QE already have speakers?

Yes, but for 3D surround I have to connect the display with DVI, so the speakers have to be connected by analog, and the analog connections on my PC are taken up by my actual speakers, plus the analog inputs on the VG248QE sound terrible, especially since I have to extend them by nearly 3 metres.

What about ASUS PA238Q? Its 1920 x 1080p,but its 23 inch, 1 inch less as compared to what you have/want. 

I don't really like the idea of having 2 different sized monitors, even if by 1 inch, which in my opinion is non-negligible. The maximum difference i can accept is 0.2", i.e. 24" vs 23.8".

OK...

But why not get that much more vertical space? It's not like it's WQHD or 4K...

1200 vertical resolution seems unnatural to me, especially nowadays, in the standard 1920 x 1080 Full HD era. I don't want to encounter forced black stripes. And those 1920 x 120 excess pixels are too few in my opinion to make a real difference in picture quality.

1200 vertical resolution seems unnatural to me, especially nowadays, in the standard 1920 x 1080 Full HD era. I don't want to encounter forced black stripes. And those 1920 x 120 excess pixels are too few in my opinion to make a real difference in picture quality.

As you wish. That monitor has the best 10-bit panel in this screen size, and has a 16:10 ratio which doesn't actually produce annoying black stripes, while also looking perfectly natural.

Not my monitor. Just a suggestion.

My build: tis be ordered