Using onedrive

madmaster32

Alright so I am just wondering a little about onedrive. I got a schoolcomputer which I hardly can type on so I thought that I might use my own computer. So anyhow the school computer is running win8.1 so I should be able to use onedrive and write on my own computer. Well anyhow is there a way to use onedrive to connect it to my school computer which got a microsoft account (from the school) without having to make the school account a user on my own computer?

To try to explain it a bit better onedrive is already installed on my own computer which is also running win 8.1 but to use it I have to connect it to the school account which then makes the school account a user on my own computer.

You would need to get permission from the school to link their account to your OneDrive... Which will never happen.

Sorry, but this is probably something you should forget. Schools will never allow that, lol.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Doesn't office programs automatically back-up the files to onedrive if you choose so?

Write the thing at home, and open it on the school computer via word or whatever.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

You can access your OneDrive in school trough web browser. It is not so convenient as having linked PCs directly but I dont think it is something that school would allow you.

You would need to get permission from the school to link their account to your OneDrive... Which will never happen.

Sorry, but this is probably something you should forget. Schools will never allow that, lol.

Well it's an individual microsoft account, so I am allowed to use it personally. It's just the fact that it goes through the school and it requires me to make it a user, like making my user connected to the microsoft account. I'm sort of looking for just adding onedrive as a drive on "my computer" without connecting my personal computer to my school account.

Doesn't office programs automatically back-up the files to onedrive if you choose so?

Write the thing at home, and open it on the school computer via word or whatever.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks I didn't know that, but there are files that I need to open both at school and at home so I thought that it might be easier just setting up onedrive so that I would be able to access the files on both computers.

Anyhow thanks for the information, at least I can access the files now from my own computer using word or excel but if you would know a way so that the entire onedrive shows up in "my computer" as a listed drive it'd help me organizing :) 

(sorry if I was a bit unclear at first)

Thanks I didn't know that, but there are files that I need to open both at school and at home so I thought that it might be easier just setting up onedrive so that I would be able to access the files on both computers.

Anyhow thanks for the information, at least I can access the files now from my own computer using word or excel but if you would know a way so that the entire onedrive shows up in "my computer" as a listed drive it'd help me organizing :) 

(sorry if I was a bit unclear at first)

Hmm, there should be a way of doing that.

Is there a OneDrive application for PCs? Because I had OneDrive showing as a folder on my laptop.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum