Upgrade my PC or buy other things I want/need?

Tro
Go to solution Solved by SimpleG,

Okay, can any of you guys recommend a good combo within my budget?

MSI Z97 PC Mate, Asus z97 -a,  MSI Gaming 3 or 5, 7 might be out of budget and if oyu can MSI Krait edition. All of them paired with a i5-4460 or i5 4690k!

Second time typing all this, my cat managed to turn of my PC by switching off the power box -_-

My birthday is in a month, and I'm planning on some upgrades, though, I don't know if that's the better option.

Budget: €250-€300

I use my PC mainly for gaming and general browsing/homework. No editing/rendering.

Option 1:

Buy an upgrade containing an Intel I5 and a mobo, Basically for a future GPU upgrade, current CPU is already bottlenecking my GPU.

Not sure if this is worth it.

Option 2:

Wait until 1 month after my Birthday, and buy a 970, but with the FX-6300 bottleneck.

Option 3:

Keep my PC as it is, and buy other stuff like a new chair (this one is old and uncomfortable), Buy games like Star Citizen and GTA V, other "little" stuff I want/need, Maybe some new speakers or similar.

What do you guys think? My PC performs decent, but has occasional artifacts and freezes (freezing might be my SSD), The freezes force me to wait for 2 minutes or reboot my pc, these happen quite often (every 10-60 minutes), but they don't happen when gaming.

Buying an SSD would be under Option 3. 

Thanks for any helpful advice :)

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Get an i5, R9 280X is still very good.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Get an i5, R9 280X is still very good.

i5 + motherboard

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

MSI Z97 PC Mate, Asus z97 -a,  MSI Gaming 3 or 5, 7 might be out of budget and if oyu can MSI Krait edition. All of them paired with a i5-4460 or i5 4690k!

Awesome, the MSI Z97 PC mate + i5-4460 looks like a good combo, even a little money left for extras :)

I think the little less performance of the 4460 vs the 4690k is worth it.

Thank you man, I've been searching for a while now, this seems good.

Awesome, the MSI Z97 PC mate + i5-4460 looks like a good combo, even a little money left for extras :)

I think the little less performance of the 4460 vs the 4690k is worth it.

Thank you man, I've been searching for a while now, this seems good.

If you're considering 4460 rather than the 4690k, you might also want to get a h97 board, since you won't be overclocking or stay with a z97 board for future upgrades! 

If you're considering 4460 rather than the 4690k, you might also want to get a h97 board, since you won't be overclocking or stay with a z97 board for future upgrades! 

Ohh I see, The MSI H97 gaming 3 is cheaper than the Z97 one too, Thank you so much for the good advice man :D

I don't see myself upgrading my CPU for a while after this one, so I should be good ;)

As you've already got a decent air-cooler I'd go for the 4690k. Atleast if you're going to play games like arma that will bring your PC to its knees regardless of what CPU its packing  :D