3440x1440

MrSushi

Hello.

I am planning to buy a monitor with 3440x1440 resolution. I would like to get 60 FPS on that resolution but i am worried that my setup wont handle it since i currently have 35 FPS in assassins creed unity and 60 FPS in far cry 4 while playing at 1080p 16:9. But i have 120 FPS in battlefield 4 multiplayer without resolution scale. All games i mentioned are maxed out on details and 1920x1080.

My build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tcTxCJ

I am worried that i will not be able to drive 3440x1440 on ultra with this pc. Should i buy a 3440x1440 monitor or not?

If i wont drive it, RoG Swift is another option or some other 1440p monitor. Or maybe i will just get some 144hz 1080p monitor.

Thank you for replying.

youre fine, those titles are horribly optimized for PC's, cut down on some AA and shadows and youre good to go (im guessing max = 16x AA)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Well AC: Unity is very poorly optimized.. And FC4 is alright..

BF4 should be able to work on 3440x1440.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That's a very powerful rig, Won't be able to run AC:U, that game is absolute shit performance wise.

FC4 should be fine, and BF4 is easy to run for you, no doubt.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Well AC: Unity is very poorly optimized.. And FC4 is alright..

BF4 should be able to work on 3440x1440.

Well, in my case with GTX970 sli and 4k monitor it has extremly annoying microstutter that just puts me off :/ For FC4

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

You have a great PC, in terms of graphical power I might be able to relate. I have 2 290xs (the differences between 970 SLI and 290x CF is marginal, they trade blows, and are almost always within 5-7% of each other) and play games at 3200x1800 without issue, which is more pixels than 3440x1440

But you've already hit upon the issue yourself - not all games are made equal. AC:U runs poorly, BF4 does not. A lot depends on the games you are playing, but the 970s, where utilised properly, are more than capable.

So i go ahead and buy 3440x1440 monitor and i will not have problems?

I'd say go for it. 

I have seen the power of 21:9 monitors *drools*

Max out the resolution of any game and add everytime more anti aliasing.

I had to turn down settings to medium or low, but I was able to have playable framerates on Tomb Raider/Bioshock Infinite with an HD 5870 at 3440x1440, so...you'll probably be ok.

I can play the same games on max settings with the R9 290 I recently upgraded to, with FPSs sufficiently high to not be distracting (no clue the number). You'll be fine.

id suggest you wait for the acer xr341ck in summer tho... or the rumored freesync version released right after taht

id suggest you wait for the acer xr341ck in summer tho... or the rumored freesync version released right after taht

i am worried that it is going to be over 1000€ and i have 750€ budget i also really wanted that AHVA 144hz Acer monitor since the TN panel of RoG Swift drew my attention away to LG ultrawide and and i think the new acer will be over 750€ too. And i think i am not able to drive 3440x1440 at 144hz.

i am worried that it is going to be over 1000€ and i have 750€ budget i also really wanted that AHVA 144hz Acer monitor since the TN panel of RoG Swift drew my attention away to LG ultrawide and and i think the new acer will be over 750€ too. And i think i am not able to drive 3440x1440 at 144hz.

It's going to be ¢75.840$. :D JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

If you were planning to drive 1440p - 21:9 1440p is just a little bit harder. Not to mention you should NOT think that way about it at all. You should get the perfect monitor and then worry about hardware for it later. Because gpus change SO FAST, and monitors usually stay on your desk for 10 years.

Also, its just me. But ive been looking @ how acer prices their stuff for a while and i think that gsync version will cost below 1000 eur. And an equvalent freesync version later will cost 150 eur less. But the there is no known price atm, so we just have to wait.