fps headset

GissumGreve
Go to solution Solved by zlolslavez,

I honestly don't know what to look for in a gaming head set, things like "HEARING ENEMY FUTSTEPS WITH MY TURTLE BEACHES X666S" is dumb in my opinion.

Anything will work in my opinion as long as it is comfortable, and has a not garbage headphone and mic.

However I have had good experiences with the G35 (overall ,not really in particular gaming)

So this might be a cliché, but I'm looking for a headset which will be used for gaming only. Not music. It's likely just gonna be games like CS:GO, Battlefield and CoD. I am thinking of headsets like the Logitech G930/G35 or Razer Tiamat 7.1. What do you guys think?

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.4GHz | RAM: G. Skill RipjawsX DDR3-2133 MHz C9 QC - 16GB | GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming | PSU: Corsair AX860 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 EVO SSD's in RAID 0

I honestly don't know what to look for in a gaming head set, things like "HEARING ENEMY FUTSTEPS WITH MY TURTLE BEACHES X666S" is dumb in my opinion.

Anything will work in my opinion as long as it is comfortable, and has a not garbage headphone and mic.

However I have had good experiences with the G35 (overall ,not really in particular gaming)

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

I'm also searching for a fps/gaming headset but I've been looking at the HyperX cloud pro. I've heard extremely good things about it and it might be worth checking out. 

[MOBO:Asus sabertooth z97 Mark 1] [CPU:Intel i7 4790k 4.6 Ghz] [GPU:Asus gtx 980 STRIX SLI] [RAM:Corsair vengance 16GB] [HDD:Western digital 2TB black series] [SSD:Samsung 850 EVO 500GB] [PSU:EVGA 850w G2 Supernova] [CASE:NZXT Phantom 820 ATX] [KEYBOARD:Corsair K70 RGB] [MOUSE:Logitech G502]

I have a pair of Sharkoon X-Tactic S7 in my closet. Amazing headset.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

If you want soundstage so you can hear footsteps in CSGO, try Audio Technica AD700, it has very big soundstage so pinpointing enemies are easy. However the game is trying to eliminate any hardware disadvantages so it would be fair for everyone, so any headphones and headsets are fine really. Also the Razer Tiamat "Surround with multiple drivers" are a gimmick, it doesn't really work. If you really want soundstage, you can try using Razer Surround software.

HyperX Cloud 2

This is the way to go. Wish I would've sooner but I didn't know about them and got Turtle Beaches PX22 which has good sound and mic just not near as comfortable as the HyperX Cloud II

i have the first hyper x and they feel damn good, i can wear them for hours. the audio and very crisp and clear, i can hear people walking up to me and tell where they are coming from in insurgency and verdun. they are not the most bass heavy head phone by something like dead prez hip hop comes in very heavy and i can clearly hear the vocals, same goes for big booms and grenades in games. i really do like them, compare to my friends "gamer" headset and my own previous headsets i can say these are the best i have had and for $60 the going price now, they are damn hard to beat. also the mic isn't bad can be a little quiet if you are soft spoken but, i have had to problems. 

Originally I used the AD700 (the one on my avatar). It's good for FPS, but the sound quality is kinda meh, compared to my HE-400. Now I use HE-400 for everything, songs, movies, youtube, gaming, everything.