Closer look at 390x

MeDownYou

With all the news about the Titan X today many have overlooked these leaked photo from a conference for add in board partners of AMD today. 

Tech power up link: http://www.techpowerup.com/210740/more-radeon-r9-390x-specs-leak-close-to-70-faster-than-r9-290x.html

I found the results specifically suprising myself. Two things that I noticed on these slides are that:

78b.jpg

on this slide there will be HBM "Gen2" which will push through speeds of 1Tb/s

And on the following slide is real world performance in pretty demanding games today which appear to be 50-65% better on the 390x vs the 290x.

78d.jpg

Not sure if this is the water cooling edition or not, but It definitely will be trading blows with the Titan X and possibly more. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

First toaster joke 

" WCE (water-cooled edition) variant, which comes with an AIO liquid-cooling solution, which lets it throw everything else out of the window in psychotic and murderous pursuit of performance." - from article

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

That graph is terrible, CEO math all over the place, no one makes relativity graphs that way, it shows relative performance in a very insincere way.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M