4K TV

SeifSpeed

Is this TV 60hz?

https://www.richersounds.com/printproduct/LG-42UB820V

Thanks in advance.

I'll put this thread of yours in my status update to help you out. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Thanks.

No worries! :)

No worries! :)

Do you have any idea what this means?

HEVC Codec               4K/30p

H.264 Codec               4K/30p

From what I can find on the internet, this particular TV has the 900Hz processing power which equals to about 240Hz in real life refresh rate. :) 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

It sounds like its a 60Hz screen but it uses a compressed colour format :(

This particular model supports 60p at 2k resolution and 30p at 4k resolution (as per its spec sheet). 

AFAIK 30p means 30 full frames (pictures) shown each second on the screen at a particular resolution.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^

From what I can find on the internet, this particular TV has the 900Hz processing power which equals to about 240Hz in real life refresh rate. :)

Captain_WD.

Thanks Alot.

It sounds like its a 60Hz screen but it uses a compressed colour format :(

What does that mean? and does it really show?

Thanks again.

This particular model supports 60p at 2k resolution and 30p at 4k resolution (as per its spec sheet). 

AFAIK 30p means 30 full frames (pictures) shown each second on the screen at a particular resolution.

Captain_WD.

Soo it's 4k 30 frames?

id really hold of on the 4k tv front, once you've watched the 4 shows on netflixs there really isn't enough content to justify the price. mine sits there unused only for 1080p content which to me doesnt look as good as a purely 1080p tv

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

id really hold of on the 4k tv front, once you've watched the 4 shows on netflixs there really isn't enough content to justify the price. mine sits there unused only for 1080p content which to me doesnt look as good as a purely 1080p tv

Would you recommend it for gaming purposes?

Thanks Alot.

What does that mean? and does it really show?

Thanks again.

I haven't seen it on 4K but it is noticeable at lower resolutions look into chroma subsampling, that TV apparently uses 4:2:0 while a normal signal would be 4:4:4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_subsampling#/media/File:Colorcomp.jpg

The 850V's got a firmware patch to take them to 4:4:4 but I cant see anything saying the 820V's had the same treatment.

Soo it's 4k 30 frames?

I believe so.

To be honest, I am gaming on a 1080p (42") with my PS4 and it is absolutely enough for what I need. My suggestion would be to go to the store and see two TVs that work side by side on 1080p, 4k and 30p vs 60p and see for yourself if there is a noticeable difference and if the price is justified. This is very subjective. :)

Captain_WD.

Captain_WD.

Captain_WD.

I believe so.

To be honest, I am gaming on a 1080p (42") with my PS4 and it is absolutely enough for what I need. My suggestion would be to go to the store and see two TVs that work side by side on 1080p, 4k and 30p vs 60p and see for yourself if there is a noticeable difference and if the price is justified. This is very subjective. :)

Captain_WD.

Such helpful info from an awesome mate. :)

Such helpful info from an awesome mate. :)

Thank you, just sharing whatever I know and can find :)

Thank you, just sharing whatever I know and can find :)

No worries! You've helped me quite a lot that I had to mention it. :)

Anyone who has any understanding about displays can tell the TV is 60hz by looking at the spec sheet - see the HDMI 2.0 support at the very end. If thats incorrect, then its 30hz.

See the "mythbuster" sticky at the top of the display section to learn how TV makers just LIE out their ass with 900hz refresh rates and stuff. (its called interpolation - a fancy way of bullshitting tv specs)

Furthermore the TV uses compressed color palette. I dont have to to look into it to find out what it is exactly, but its NOT 4:4:4. Everything will look like you have negative antialiasing turned on (if that existed). So you should avoid it anyway, as it is garbage.

If you are ok with 60hz, then i would suggest 

Philips BDM4065UC instead. As it actually has 4:4:4 color. But most importantly it has a contrast ratio of 3000:1 thx to the VA panel, therefore way better blacks that ANYTHING else that costs below four digits. Every TN and IPS has really 1000:1 contrast. OLED is amazing, but you can forget about that for the next few years.

Thank you for going to a tech forum to do research first. I suggest you do more research before you spend any of your hard earned cash.

And Im sorry IF there are some members here who are the type of human beings who have to ruin someone elses day with real money cost to feel better.

Please be smart when spending money. Because when you fall for marketing rip off tricks and give money to these con artists - you are just enforcing their scam.

Strangerbob is correct.

I would only use 4k TV with 4:4:4 color if you plan on gaming. Another good option is the Panasonic AX800, it runs at 4:4:4 60Hz through the included displayport connection.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/tx-50ax802b-201405193778.htm

The Panasonic AX802/ AX800 is a gamer’s dream, boasting not only the lowest input lag among the 2014 batch of 4K TVs (our Leo Bodnar tester registered a reading of 37ms with [Game Mode] enabled), but also full 4:4:4 chroma reproduction up to 3840×2160 resolution at 60Hz either through the DisplayPort or HDMI 4 input.

lag.jpg

Another praiseworthy feature that Panasonic has introduced since last year is designating [Game Mode] as an on/off setting which can be applied to every picture preset, rather than segregating it as a separate picture mode which is typically not calibration-friendly. Accurate images and suitably fast gaming responsiveness are both possible simultaneously on the TX-50AX802.

Even without engaging [Game Mode], input lag in calibrated [Professional1] mode was 59ms as measured using Leo Bodnar’s device, which is significantly lower than the 100ms+ figures posted by other brands’ non-[Game] modes.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Anyone who has any understanding about displays can tell the TV is 60hz by looking at the spec sheet - see the HDMI 2.0 support at the very end. If thats incorrect, then its 30hz.

See the "mythbuster" sticky at the top of the display section to learn how TV makers just LIE out their ass with 900hz refresh rates and stuff. (its called interpolation - a fancy way of bullshitting tv specs)

Furthermore the TV uses compressed color palette. I dont have to to look into it to find out what it is exactly, but its NOT 4:4:4. Everything will look like you have negative antialiasing turned on (if that existed). So you should avoid it anyway, as it is garbage.

If you are ok with 60hz, then i would suggest 

Philips BDM4065UC instead. As it actually has 4:4:4 color. But most importantly it has a contrast ratio of 3000:1 thx to the VA panel, therefore way better blacks that ANYTHING else that costs below four digits. Every TN and IPS has really 1000:1 contrast. OLED is amazing, but you can forget about that for the next few years.

Thank you for going to a tech forum to do research first. I suggest you do more research before you spend any of your hard earned cash.

And Im sorry IF there are some members here who are the type of human beings who have to ruin someone elses day with real money cost to feel better.

Please be smart when spending money. Because when you fall for marketing rip off tricks and give money to these con artists - you are just enforcing their scam.

Thanks man.

Strangerbob is correct.

I would only use 4k TV with 4:4:4 color if you plan on gaming. Another good option is the Panasonic AX800, it runs at 4:4:4 60Hz through the included displayport connection.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/tx-50ax802b-201405193778.htm

Thanks but that one is like 2000$?

Actually I don't think I covered that one... good idea though :) I'll add something in there.

nope, it doesnt look anywhere near as good as my 4k monitor when it comes to games. its just not as sharp. it will do the job if you buy a big enough one and sit a good distance away, but i wouldn't buy it just for games. id get a decent monitor for gaming.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb