A quick question about Ram!

Hello,

My question is a simple one, can I use two 4gb ram sticks with one 8gb ram stick (making a total of 16gb). when both are the same mhz?

Thank you :)

Yes @Foldo.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Sure can!

Just make sure the clock speeds and latency are the same.

:)

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Yes yes you can.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Hello,

My question is a simple one, can I use two 4gb ram sticks with one 8gb ram stick (making a total of 16gb). when both are the same mhz?

you would be better getting a kit of two or more

im not saying two brands wont work

just that in a kit the sticks are "99%" identical

and its better supported, ex - single kit + single kit = in one its 6ms in one is 4.5ms, kit of two will be like 6ms and the other 5.7ms you see what I mean ? (the number are just to show not real)

I would say the same even if you want to buy 2 of the same brand and model but in single kit and not two or more

its like a speaker if you buy them separately the left from the right the differences would be greater then if u bought them in a pair

im sorry about my English hope you got me !   

Edited by Benielishackove

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Hello,

Yes, but make sure the 4x4 are in DIMM 1 and the 8x1 is in DIMM 2. Also make sure the clock speeds and latency is the same.

Thanks for the help every one I decided to just buy another 2x4gb just to be safe, it will only cost me £2 more :D