Schiit Stack 2 (Uber vs Regular)

MontBlanco

What is the difference between the regular Schiit Stack 2 and the uber in terms of sound quality? I am planning to use it with HD650 and also maybe LCD-2. 

90% sure it's just extra ports, sound quality will be the same but don't quote me.

Edit: actually looks like there is a little difference look at the spec sheet on here http://schiit.com/products/magni-2

Honestly it's probably not worth the extra money in terms of sound unless you want those extra ports.

here is probably a better thing to look at http://www.head-fi.org/t/746128/the-schiitstorm-next-gen-magni-2-and-modi-2-family

The Uber is the Magni with an even more useless volume knob.

Well... the uber actually has pre-amp output for speaker

Well... the uber actually has pre-amp output for speaker

So do a lot of things.

You waste even more money than you were wasting before. I don't like Schiit at all.

What don't you like about the Schiit?

I like schiit. I think the optical input alone is worth it for me if I was trying to decide.

I like schiit. I think the optical input alone is worth it for me if I was trying to decide.

Luckily the SMSL headphone amp/DAC has optical for a fraction of the price.

I like my Uber Schiit stack a lot. I probably wouldn't talk about it on these forums, though. Haters dominate the conversation.

For the price, Schiit products are great, especially the Magni 2 and Uber Modi 2. The damaged headphones in question were used on the first version of the Schiit Asgard which didn't feature a muting relay. The Magni, Magni 2, Magni 2 Uber, and the rest of the Schiit amps now feature a muting relay to prevent headphone damage.

Here is what the first version of the Asgard used to do: https://youtu.be/tCZ-AJQOiDg

I like my Uber Schiit stack a lot. I probably wouldn't talk about it on these forums, though. Haters dominate the conversation.

Oh, heaven forbid!

Always the same posters hating on everything that isn't super value. I get a lot of the time differences can be subtle but without trying the exact combo for yourself you cant state that there wont be a difference and even then you cant tell someone that they are wasting their money. That subtle difference might be enough for them to justify it personally, it is not your place to judge that for them.

Always the same posters hating on everything that isn't super value.

Hate money all you want, the additional cost of the "Uber Schiit" is pointless.

Hate money all you want, the additional cost of the "Uber Schiit" is pointless.

As said it has extra ports, so its not a waste of money if you want the schiit with those extras ports.

OP their sisnt difference in sq but if your looking to pay for the uber schiit personally i would pick an audiolab qdac instead as it is the same price now( at least in the uk) but to my ears sounds slightly better and it also has more ports and a better build quality.

As said it has extra ports, so its not a waste of money if you want the schiit with those extras ports.

I'd rather buy a similarly priced (or cheaper!) product that has those ports already rather than pay a premium for them.

I'd rather buy a similarly priced (or cheaper!) product that has those ports already rather than pay a premium for them.

You might but the op may not have the same opinion as you and might be happy paying the extra for the schiit name or product style or numerous other reasons.

You might but the op may not have the same opinion as you and might be happy paying the extra for the schiit name or product style or numerous other reasons.

Who cares? My having a contrary opinion isn't going to stop you or the OP from making bad money choices so why bring it up.

Who cares? My having a contrary opinion isn't going to stop you or the OP from making bad money choices so why bring it up.

Because muh audiofeelz

Because seeing you on every thread telling people they are making shit choices gets irritating, It is not you place to tell people what to do with there money.

Because seeing you on every thread telling people they are making shit choices gets irritating, It is not you place to tell people what to do with there money.

One, I don't care if you're annoyed. That's your problem. Two, this is the audio subforum, pretty much the only thing that goes on here is telling people what to do with their money. Again, if you find this annoying you'll just need to deal with it. Avail yourself of the ignore feature.

One, I don't care if you're annoyed. That's your problem. Two, this is the audio subforum, pretty much the only thing that goes on here is telling people what to do with their money. Again, if you find this annoying you'll just need to deal with it. Avail yourself of the ignore feature.

Also the op asked for the difference between to schiit products, he did not ask if they were worth the money.

Also the op asked for the difference between to schiit products, he did not ask if they were worth the money.

Cool. I told 'em anyway.