Windows 10 as daily driver?

Meewwww

So how many of you guys are running Windows 10 as your daily driver?
I want to but I don't want to be unable to downgrade back to Windows 8 :/ (inb4you'redumbforwantingtodothat)

I wouldn't because you don't know whether stuff you use will be compatible

Oh yeah, the reason why I started this topic is because Avast said "Now supports Windows 10!"

So I was like, well how many people are using it as a daily driver O.o

I was on my laptop. But I had keyboard driver issues. And because it was a convertible, Windows 10 had no idea what was happening when I put it into tablet mode.

If it does not work for you.

You can set it to reverse to Windows 8.1 no problem from Control Panel > System & Security > System > Advanced system settings > Startup and Recovery > Settings > and then check "Time to display list of operating systems. Then restart, and click "Windows rollback" 

On a desktop, Windows 10 should have no issues, and it is easy to go back. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I was on my laptop. But I had keyboard driver issues. And because it was a convertible, Windows 10 had no idea what was happening when I put it into tablet mode.

If it does not work for you.

You can set it to reverse to Windows 8.1 no problem from Control Panel > System & Security > System > Advanced system settings > Startup and Recovery > Settings > and then check "Time to display list of operating systems. Then restart, and click "Windows rollback" 

On a desktop, Windows 10 should have no issues, and it is easy to go back. 

All I remember is when the Windows 8 preview came out a bunch of people used it and couldn't revert back, and like the idiots they were came onto forums and starting raging about how it's MS fault.

I used it as a daily driver for a month, I have to say for what I use it for it was so much better, I was able to use cortana to tell me the time and keep me updated on the news, and I love the interface that they use, but they also have the windows 8 interface just hidden away, what I dont like is when I reverted the Microsoft Zune app is still in my start menu and it insta crahses. The start menu is amazing

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

So how many of you guys are running Windows 10 as your daily driver?

I want to but I don't want to be unable to downgrade back to Windows 8 :/ (inb4you'redumbforwantingtodothat)

Why not dual boot, and use Windows 10 as the daily driver, and if you want to go back for some reason, just transfer off what you want to keep, then remove the 10 partition. Or even just go back to using the 8 partition. Honestly, as it stands, if you're using 8 (I'm assuming 8.1), just wait until 10 is officially released. There isn't really a tangible benefit right now to make the switch to a tech preview, and DX12 isn't going to be used until 10 is officially released (I know that's one minor detail, and probably isn't the reason you're switching). Personally, I do want to see how .NET development goes on 10, but I can do that in a VM

I used it on my laptop as a daily driver. It's slower (it's an old Samsung Chronos 7 NP700Z...) It's slower, the keyboard backlight buttons don't work, and just recently it would even work. The start menu wouldn't open, I couldn't search... etc. A reboot updated and fixed it though. There are some serious bugs, but nothing major so far.

I'm going to completely wipe and restore my laptop to help it out, then reinstall windows 10 preview as a daily driver and see how that goes.

I'm using it on my laptop.

I've run into a number of glitches, I wouldn't recommend it yet.

I'm using it on my laptop.

I've run into a number of glitches, I wouldn't recommend it yet.

It's either

a) no bugs/glitches and it's running smooth

OR

b) glitches and bugs everywhere

I will on the next build. There is a certain level of polish the OS needs to have before I find it inviting and use it (despite the fact that it will have ugly ass icons)

I'm waiting for the next insider release before even trying it. The system is incredibly unstable from build to build (10036 is a pile of shit).