screen suddenly zoomed in after launching game

callmecars
Go to solution Solved by callmecars,

Where the setting is depends on the brand of video card for the specifics, but it should be in the display settings.   Right-click on the desktop.  Or look in the Control Panel.   If it's an AMD card, the Catalyst Control Center.  AMD calls it scaling.   I had the issue when I connected a computer to my TV.  

It's just another methods to adjust screen size.   Imagine a projector and a screen hanging on the wall.  You could re-scale the image by moving the projector closer or farther from the wall so that it fits on the screen as best as possible.  Software can do the same thing. 

it was actually by the picture options of the TV itself, changed it from 16:9 to just scan

so yeah the title says it all, it's not a matter of one thing looks zoomed or it's just the text or something, rather EVERYTHING is zoomed, like I can't see the tabs on my browser and I can only see half of the icons in the toolbar.

restarting the PC didn't do anything to help, neither did pressing ctrl 0 or ctrl - or ctrl scroll down

one thing that seemed to fix it though was to change the resolution to something lower... but I don't want that of course, I don't want to waste my 1080p display...

so anybody here have any fixes for this?

what dpi are you at go to control panel>display(click view by small icons if you don't see it)

what dpi are you at go to control panel>display(click view by small icons if you don't see it)

I don't see anything that says "dpi" there, and also nothing that says "view by small icons"

I'm using windows 8.1 btw

what I can see in display is the sizing of my icons is set on medium and my text size is set on 12. I personally made those settings and they worked fine before I launched the game. the game btw is the old Need for Speed Most Wanted.

lol sorry my bad

can you share a screenshot of what it looks like?

lol sorry my bad

can you share a screenshot of what it looks like?

20h7k3m.png

the funny thing is that when I actually made a screenshot like how it should be done (print screen + paint), what I got was how the screen should really look. So instead I cut the screenshot to make you see how it looks like to me

@callmecars Looks like over-scan or scaling is maladjusted. 

what does that mean? :D and how do I fix it?

never mind, I googled overscan myself and I was able to fix it! :D thanks man!

I got caught that I'm using a TV as a monitor haha

what does that mean? :D and how do I fix it?

Where the setting is depends on the brand of video card for the specifics, but it should be in the display settings.   Right-click on the desktop.  Or look in the Control Panel.   If it's an AMD card, the Catalyst Control Center.  AMD calls it scaling.   I had the issue when I connected a computer to my TV.  

It's just another methods to adjust screen size.   Imagine a projector and a screen hanging on the wall.  You could re-scale the image by moving the projector closer or farther from the wall so that it fits on the screen as best as possible.  Software can do the same thing.  It looks like your display is "zoomed" by the same number of pixels on all four sides. 

It's just another methods to adjust screen size.   Imagine a projector and a screen hanging on the wall.  You could re-scale the image by moving the projector closer or farther from the wall so that it fits on the screen as best as possible.  Software can do the same thing. 

it was actually by the picture options of the TV itself, changed it from 16:9 to just scan

Very good.  TVs tend to be much more susceptible to that sort of thing than computer monitors.