password help

Ryouichi Kiriyami
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

i just installed a new version of windows 7. and as im booting into it it asks me for the password i typed it. EVIDENTLY i typed it in wrong UGH. is there a way i can just like. change it and save me from completely reinstalling this shyt again?

"1 shot 1 kill. or in my case 500 shots and a questionable death" ~ Carlos Hathcock + Ryouichi

"Because its windows... it just happens..." ~ G33k 4 L1F3

My Build....sorta. close enough http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YMG4mG

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/create-password-reset-disk#1TC=windows-7

There ya go

(EDIT) "If you forget the administrator password and don't have a password reset disk or another administrator account, you won't be able to reset the password. If there are no other user accounts on the computer, you won't be able to log on to Windows and will need to re-install Windows."

:(

Two tips I always say before going drastic routes:

1) Try with CAPS Lock on/off.

2) When booting a computer, by default some keyboards have the numpad off. So if you used it for numbers in your password, try turning it off.

Then, sleep on it and see if you figure anything out.

Believe it or not, I have a lot of luck with that advice with a lot of my clients.

However, if that doesn't help, there are ways to get around it. Just don't lock yourself out with a BIOS password next time...

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

dont have a password reset disk :/ uhhhh.

tried it without caps lock and the whole numpad thing.

UHH. is there a way i can take the harddrive out. throw it in my workable computer. and take the password off/change it?

thats ususally how i get past it. but since im not doing that to get the files off. can i change it somehow?

"1 shot 1 kill. or in my case 500 shots and a questionable death" ~ Carlos Hathcock + Ryouichi

You can either use Ophcrack, which may be able to just crack your password, or Offline NT PW & Reg-Editor.  The second one is a for sure fix, because it removes the password entirely.  It is a little more complicated to use, though.  You can use this walkthrough, though.  Here is a more in depth guide on how to use it.  This is for CD/DVDs, and this is for USB flash drives.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

you guys are awesome. thanks. ill start trying these out and get back to you.

you guys are awesome. thanks. ill start trying these out and get back to you.

kon boot or sticky keys hack

kon boot or sticky keys hack

thats what i used was the sticky keys hack shown by enderman :P it worked. now i can get this comp to the customer. and they can put their own damn password on it.

Close the topic its done. you all saved me 15$  :wub:  thank you.

thats what i used was the sticky keys hack shown by enderman :P it worked. now i can get this comp to the customer. and they can put their own damn password on it.

Close the topic its done. you all saved me 15$  :wub:  thank you.

Mark as solved :)