A video card recommendation for an older pc.

DeViLzzz

LabRat pretty soon the next step is taking this hard drive out of the Acer pc and putting it in a truly working pc and seeing if there is something wrong with it.  All I can say though is why do people around me still buy these pre-built cheap part pieces of crap?  Heck they would be better off having me buy old parts and putting them together a rig that will last at least vs spending money on garbage time and time again but I think they love to see me rage about their stupidity. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I connected this hard drive to a working pc and no matter what I do it tries to boot from the Western Digital 250 GB hard drive and it never works.  As soon as I remove the drive everything is ok.  I booted up this working pc and then attached the Western Digital 250 GB hard drive via internal SATA and attached it to the board and it recognizes the drive but shows no information whatsoever on it in terms of capacity and so on.  Does this sound like a dead hard drive?

boot up. then hot swap the drive ( connect power and data cables ).. REBOOT. see if windows finds the drive

many years ago i purchased 2 or 4 250gb and 2 or 4 32ogb WD hard drives. every one of them took a shit real fast. was the last time I purchased a WD product. After that I found Samsung. never had a problem. Now seagate owns it. never had a problem with one of those.

lets see how the reboot goes.

The 5770 is a beast! I used to use one in my PC, but then I modded it, and put on my desk as a decoration.

Yeah, mine held out for soo long, its just sitting on a shelf now though

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

boot up. then hot swap the drive ( connect power and data cables ).. REBOOT. see if windows finds the drive

many years ago i purchased 2 or 4 250gb and 2 or 4 32ogb WD hard drives. every one of them took a shit real fast. was the last time I purchased a WD product. After that I found Samsung. never had a problem. Now seagate owns it. never had a problem with one of those.

lets see how the reboot goes.

I am sure I did the hot swap but I will try again.  I think the hard drive is dead though.  I got it to show up as a drive in Windows 7 but it shows no values for it in terms of capacity or anything.

Eh I don't know what to think anymore about this Acer pc other than to say no matter what I do I can't get it to recognize any hard drive.  Also the media drive for it is clearly ready for the recycle pc parts place as it makes horrid noises when you put media in it.  Yes it reads them but it does so with a noise level nobody would want.  It seems if I want to use this cpu, memory and any other working parts in this pc it will not be with this motherboard.  I think it is the problem.  While all the hard drives I have tried are not guaranteed good some were last known as working in the systems they were pulled from.
 Anyway very disappointed that this Acer doesn't want to work and so any idea of a video card purchase for it is definitely on hold.  With that said I wonder what the odds are of me finding a board for this cpu that can go in a nornal build it yourself pc?  I will be checking the recycled pc parts place at some point and will also maybe ask on our local classifieds if anyone has something but knowing my city they will likely ask for some idiotic amount of money for it so meh.