Best gaming card for $120 budget?

perma001

Hello, hello!

I want to get a better card than my asus GT640 2gb gddr3.

Which ones you can recommend me?

Hello, hello!

What websites/stores are available to you in Peru?

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Hello, hello!

The R7 260X

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card  ($117.50 @ Amazon)

Total: $117.50

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-14 04:40 EDT-0400

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Usd right? Not NS?

Perhaps something like the r7 260x or GTX 750ti

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

yeah perma if you can get the r7 260x id get it. i was GOING to get it but i saw an 80$ deal for an r9 and i snagged it. im...........wayyy to picky about my GPU i could be spending with for 5+ years. so yeah. i was dead set on the r7 260x. its a great card.

"1 shot 1 kill. or in my case 500 shots and a questionable death" ~ Carlos Hathcock + Ryouichi

"Because its windows... it just happens..." ~ G33k 4 L1F3

My Build....sorta. close enough http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YMG4mG

Nice, I will try to get the r7 260x, any user with gtx 750 experience?

I'd be shopping around used if you could to see what you could get before you buy new.

If you're using a 640 and only have a budget of $120, you're right in the zone that you should wait to get something better. If you get a 260x/750ti which is what fits your budget, the improvement isn't going to be really big, the next upgrade you should aim for should be for something like 280/960

If you can find an used Radeon 7950 or better for that price, I'd do it, unless you're wanting strictly new. I picked one up locally used for $130 USD. Then again, I'm in the states so I don't know how that differs from Peru.

750 ti

if not you could wait for the AMD 300 series and for the previous generation cards to drop in price. Maybe not down to $120 but until a noticeable difference.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I can buy from ebay, any testimonials from refurbished gpus?

you could probably easily get a radeon 7950, it's basically the same as a 280 but cheaper. Try and get a 7970 if you can.

Just make sure not to get the stock blower coolers.

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

I got my r9 280x from eBay.

Used and works perfectly fine, although it does have issues overclocking, but that might have nothing to do with the seller. Just be sure that you buy close to your location, there was a seller in Bulgaria that seemed kinda sketchy when he said that he had 6 cards and sold each for $160. My seller was in south-eastern Canada, relatively close to my home on the east coast. Anyhow, I negotiated the seller price from $210 to $175 so I thought that was pretty sweet.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

just make sure it hasnt been used for mining over prolonged period of time and it should be fine...look if you could find an HD7950 3GB card?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I think I should update my cpu+mobo and ram because I already tested my pc with a r9 290 and there was just 20 fps more.
I guess I need more ram

I think I should update my cpu+mobo and ram because I already tested my pc with a r9 290 and there was just 20 fps more.

I guess I need more ram

Ahhh, I just looked at your pc specs. In that case my first response would have been different. Your processor will hold back anything above a 750ti. How do I know? Because that's actually the system I run. C2q 8400 2.66ghz, 750ti 1gig, 4gigs ddr2. And you could actually throw in 32 gigs of ram and it would basically give zero improvement. While the processor does a 750ti justice, anything above that is a a waste.

So if you want to get something better, a new cpu is going to be required. Along with a motherboard of course. You can reuse the ram if ddr3, but if not youll need new ram as well. I will be making this upgrade once VR hits and taylor around that.