Buying A New Drive For Linux

Hey guys, so I am buying a new hard drive for Linux, and I'm not sure which distro to go with.  I want to go with either Ubuntu, or Antergos.  I'm leaning toward Antergos because its basically just Arch Linux with training wheels, but Ubuntu might be easier for me to use because I'm kind of new to Linux.  So yeah an suggestions would be great.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

Xubuntu! Check it out... I am posting using it. It is Ubuntu but with a different window manager and other packages installed. Also just download them and boot into live mode to try it out! I hope you enjoy using Linux(linus) as much as I do!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Xubuntu! Check it out... I am posting using it. It is Ubuntu but with a different window manager and other packages installed. Also just download them and boot into live mode to try it out! I hope you enjoy using Linux(linus) as much as I do!

I have already tried them both, still not sure which to go with.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

He said he was new, so I don't think he will be able to build his own Arch system just yet?

I say since you are new stick with Ubuntu 14.04. It is stable, easy to go around (and look at), lots of support with a large community, and great for beginners. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS is rock solid stable. I would recommend going with that and getting a feel for the ropes. I have quite a few guides here on LTT as well that might make getting started much easier as well.