Prof lost my midterm

marioo1182

Yup, he lost my midterm. My whole sets in fact. Which means he misplaced 15 of them.

And it's for Calc 1 as well, and I feel I did really well on it. I wonder whats gonna happen... :(

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

If you cant reprint them, you will fail. Thats whats going to happen.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You better not settle for a lame excuse...

Probably gonna have to retest.

System: Thinkpad T460

happened to me too. physics prof lost my midterm.

he told me to go see the physics department because "ït's they're job to grade them."

physics dept said "lol, it's his job, we don't grade midterms/exams."

wen't back to the prof and he said "who the F--- are you?"

got 0% on midterm, barely passed.

ouch

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

My Prof lost our midterms but didn't tell us until finals. He passed everyone in the class.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Yup, he lost my midterm. My whole sets in fact. Which means he misplaced 15 of them.

And it's for Calc 1 as well, and I feel I did really well on it. I wonder whats gonna happen... :(

Your going to just get a 0 for it, happened to me in HS English for the final exam, also had a midterm go missing in 1st year uni for statistics 

well.... at my school if your'e sick you get a 1/10 for tests that are taking place while you are sick at home because they want to prevent people staying at home to learn extra and do the test another day :(

ive been sick for 2 days now and i've missed one test so not too much luckily

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

It more then likely depends on the teacher but if he says he lost them and has no grade for them there is a good chance you will get a decent grade in the class regardless. If it was on a paper then normally you would just reprint them and that would be the end of that but with in class tests a lot of the time the teachers cant even find the time to make someone retake them so they will just give the average or an A lol

Is this for a high school or college/university course?

If your prof says he will give you a decent grade (something in line with your current average in class), just take it.

If your prof says he will fail you, your course of action should depend on what level school it is.

-- If high school, talk to counselor, principle, let your parents know, have them call.  Try to escalate one level at a time.  Don't job straight to the most powerful, that can create some long term animosity, but do let your parents know about it and the steps you are taking to resolve this.

-- If college/university, go straight to the department head.  You are paying for these courses, and it is unacceptable for the customer/student to be graded poorly due to a failure of the teacher.  If there is no department head or the department head is not helpful, go to the dean.  Make the case that the professor's failure to correctly grade your assignment is not your fault, and your future at this school and potentially your future careers should not be put in jeopardy simply because of one incompetent professor. 

For us, we have to sign sheets as we write saying that we were there when the exam was written, so you can't say your midterm was "lost" when you didn't write it. For the most part, profs will put the weight on the final or disperse it around.