GTX980 SLI F@H PPD (SLI Scaling)

Go to solution Solved by Imakuni,

The new 900 series is supposed to scale well. Does this also go for folding? Lets say, I get 300k PPD, would I then get 550 to 600 PPD with two cards? Can you please post your PPD, if you have tried that.

Assuming that:

1. You get identical WUs.
  2. You report your WUs with the same delay (because of the QRB).
  3. Your CPU has enough free cycles for both of the cards.

Yes, there should be a 100% scaling.

The new 900 series is supposed to scale well. Does this also go for folding? Lets say, I get 300k PPD, would I then get 550 to 600 PPD with two cards? Can you please post your PPD, if you have tried that.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Folding doesn't rely on SLI points are based on the WU that is given to you but they should give about the same amount of points

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Assuming that:

1. You get identical WUs.
  2. You report your WUs with the same delay (because of the QRB).
  3. Your CPU has enough free cycles for both of the cards.

Yes, there should be a 100% scaling.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!