So I want a new mouse...

lukezon

So I want a new mouse.  I currently have the RAT 7 and love it!  The only reason I am upgrading is because after about two years the sensor is finally starting to die out, and I figure thats a good sign that its time. Price for the new mouse is not an issue for me (as long as it is under 200 but I don't expect anything over).

Features I NEED:

-Solid feeling mice / metal frame

-accurate sensor (lots of fps gaming ex. csgo)

-At least 2 thumb buttons

Features I want:

-DPI control

-tactile feeling scroll wheel

-Wireless (maybe?)

-Adjustable weight

Mice I have looked at and am considering:

-RAT 9 (not sure what the latency is like tho)

-unreleased RAT PROX (seems plasticy and would have to wait a while)

-Logitech G502 (too plastic feeling)

Anyone have ideas on what I should look into?

I haven't thought of a good signature yet.

I used a  RAT 9 for years, the laser died on me eventually, all sorts of tracking issues. But it worked wonderfully during its life. I recently just went to the Deathadder Chroma and I must say I quite like it. The software features DPI adjustment options as well. 

But anyway there's my input on the RAT 9 and a poke at what I'm using now!

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

Corsair M65.

I've had it for nearly 3 months now, absolutely love it, and it meets pretty much every specification that you want. (Forward/Backward buttons + "Sniper" button, all can be reassigned in corsairs mouse configuration software, and you can save that configuration to the mouse so you can go from pc to pc and have the same settings)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Corsair M65.

I've had it for nearly 3 months now, absolutely love it, and it meets pretty much every specification that you want. (Forward/Backward buttons + "Sniper" button, all can be reassigned in corsairs mouse configuration software, and you can save that configuration to the mouse so you can go from pc to pc and have the same settings)

Ive tried out the M65 before and I find it a little too small for my hand.  Do you know of a slightly larger type mouse?

I used a  RAT 9 for years, the laser died on me eventually, all sorts of tracking issues. But it worked wonderfully during its life. I recently just went to the Deathadder Chroma and I must say I quite like it. The software features DPI adjustment options as well. 

But anyway there's my input on the RAT 9 and a poke at what I'm using now!

Thanks for the input.  Did you ever notice input lag with the RAT 9?  Also, how was the battery life?

Ive tried out the M65 before and I find it a little too small for my hand.  Do you know of a slightly larger type mouse?

Thanks for the input.  Did you ever notice input lag with the RAT 9?  Also, how was the battery life?

Well, other than the m65 id recommend the g502 as that was my other option for a mouse, though the m65 was cheaper. (refurbished)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

So I want a new mouse.  I currently have the RAT 7 and love it!  The only reason I am upgrading is because after about two years the sensor is finally starting to die out, and I figure thats a good sign that its time. Price for the new mouse is not an issue for me (as long as it is under 200 but I don't expect anything over).

Features I NEED:

-Solid feeling mice / metal frame

-accurate sensor (lots of fps gaming ex. csgo)

-At least 2 thumb buttons

Features I want:

-DPI control

-tactile feeling scroll wheel

-Wireless (maybe?)

-Adjustable weight

Mice I have looked at and am considering:

-RAT 9 (not sure what the latency is like tho)

-unreleased RAT PROX (seems plasticy and would have to wait a while)

-Logitech G502 (too plastic feeling)

Anyone have ideas on what I should look into?

Razer DeathAdder? Solid, accurate, dual thumb buttons, DPI control, tactile scroll wheel.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

-

Nope. None I can say I saw. The two batteries it came with lost their juice over time (years), at the beginning I was swapping batteries every few days if I was gaming all the time, towards the end though it was just about every day. But that's Lithium-Ion batteries.

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

Ever check out any of roccats stuff?

I did, none of it looks to be what im looking for

Zowie FK-1/2

You won't regret it. So fucking precise <3

Seems too plsticy, that is one of my biggest problems with mice

Razer DeathAdder? Solid, accurate, dual thumb buttons, DPI control, tactile scroll wheel.

I really dont like the shape of the deathadder

Anyone like the Gigabyte Aivia Uranium?  

Finding a decent mouse that not too much plastic seem like a challenge, i dont know why more dont make them out of Al or someyhing when we pay 60+ for a mouse.

Seems too plasticy, that is one of my biggest problems with mice

Show me a good mouse with a full metal body.

Exactly.

They feel solid, have amazing sensors, are fully rubberized, and are comfy.