new headset ideas

Gottboost

Hey guys. I'm looking to get a new gaming headset as my turtle beach px21 just died. I'm looking to spend $200 maybe up to $250. I'm in Australia aswell.

Was looking at the Razer 7.1 headset

Maybe corsair h2100.

Would like some recommendations cheers

HyperX Cloud (2)

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

You can get good headphones and good mic for summ $200, the quality will be far better, than any headset, especially when talking about 'gaming' stuff.

AudioTechnica AT2020 + whatever you have left, spend it on some decent headphones

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Hyperx cloud II

or a pair of headphones + a mod mic. (this will be much better than any "gaming" headset out there)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I don't really want a separate headphones and mic. Are the higher end turtle beach sets any good?

Plus the kingston Hyperx cloud 2 haven't come out here yet

If you absolutely must have a headset, even the original HyperX Cloud is still amazing but on the "higher end" of your budget you should take a look at Sennheiser G4ME Zero (closed) and One (open).

What about the audio technica gaming headset. I'll have a look at those

Audio-Technica ATH-PDG1 Pro Gaming Headset were the ones I found..

What about the audio technica gaming headset. I'll have a look at those

Yes, Audio-Technica headsets are good too.

Thanks anyone heard about the Asus Vulcan headset?

Yeah i think i may go for the kingston heatset, just saw Linus's review plus the store around the corner has them in stock and they are also the cheapest, plus they have the case i want there to.

Yeah i think i may go for the kingston heatset, just saw Linus's review plus the store around the corner has them in stock and they are also the cheapest, plus they have the case i want there to.

Cool, let us know what you think.

So I grabbed a set of the kingston Hyperx clouds yesterday arvo when I got my corsair air 540. Spent 6 hours or more gaming with them. They are comfy and sounds pretty good.. I'm was impressed with all the accessories they came with.