Need help choosing a new Optical gaming mouse

Valkyrie743

Hey all. Currently am using a steelseries sensei. i like the size but im getting very very annoying by the laser sensor. i use a ORIGIN PC Goliathus http://www.originpc.com/gearshop/categories/Mouse%20Pad/products/1183and its perfectly clean and if i get a very small spec of dust on it the tracking keeps fucking up. its driving me nuts. ive trying other mouse pads as well as no mouse pads and same issue. its either the mouse pad or the mouse it self dying. either way im getting sick of it and its time to go back to optical. the last optical mouse i owned was the good old logitech MX518. i was thinking about getting a Logitech G400s but i kinda of gotten used to the size and feel of the sensei. i love EVERYTHING other than this issue that i have about my sensei. i love the ability to change the lift off distance, the single dpi switch and i really really love the under the mouse screen and on mouse profile saving. i wish they made this mouse, but with optical. i was looking at the steelseries rival, but the mouse is a tad bigger (longer) and i have more of a claw grip and it would seem that my finger tips would be far up on the left and right mouse buttons and cause issues when clicking (being that its higher up it would take more force than say a palm user) plus i've read that the side grips ware out very fast  :(

I dont need crazy high dpi settings or a Sniper button. my mouse right now is set to 1600 CPI with windows 6/11 sensitivity (1:1 tracking)

so i've came down to these mice but cant decided what to choose. 

*corsair M45
*Zowie FK2
*Corsair Sabre Optical RGB

These mice im considering but more looking at the top three.
*steelseries rival
*logitech G402 (G502 has a metal scroll wheel and ive read its pretty crappy and i've felt it at a local best buy and love everything but that of the mouse so i thought the 402 would be fine. does it have the same sensor???
*EVGA TORQ X3 (the x5 has a glossy top which i hate)

The zowie looks just like the sensei and its very simple. no need for bloatware software and shit. but I'm a little worried that im not going to like the default lift off distance. i would like to be able to adjust it (without using the tap mod) also the yellow kinda kills it for me. yeah i know i wont be looking at my mouse but still just kinda kills it for me that i cant just have it whatever color i want or a neutral color

The Corsair m45 looks really nice. i felt the mouse at a bestbuy it the scroll wheel feels perfect and i love that the sides and top are textured not glossy. im a little worried about the size. its hard to tell but it looks like its a bit shorter than my mouse and looks like more of a finger tip than a claw grip mouse.

The Corsair Sabre optical looks like a middle ground from the zowie, and the M45. but im not sure what sensor it has (if its the same as the FK2 or the M45) also the corsair tramp stamp is not helping me choose it lol

what are your guys thoughts? sorry for the long post. just very picky lol thanks

A lot of stuff with mice is up to personal preference. Try to get your hands on them at a store to test them out at least for hand shape and size.

Can't really help you out all too much with something that's so prone to personal preference. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

A lot of stuff with mice is up to personal preference. Try to get your hands on them at a store to test them out at least for hand shape and size.

Can't really help you out all too much with something that's so prone to personal preference. 

true, but as a sensor stand point, as well as quality of the mouse (does the moues scroll wheel get loose after a little bit of use, does grip material fade faster than it should, bad software) stuff like that.  i know it would be hard recommending a mouse just based on size and shape but i just dont want to buy a mouse then find out it has acceleration, mouse interpolation, stuff like that. 

the zowie fk2 is the best of the mouse you mentioned and it's lod's about 1.5mm (tracks with 1cd but not 2)

m45 has the worst implementation of a 3310 sensor and the sabre uses the 3988

the zowie fk2 is the best of the mouse you mentioned and it's lod's about 1.5mm (tracks with 1cd but not 2)

m45 has the worst implementation of a 3310 sensor and the sabre uses the 3988

Is the 3988 a bad sensor? Also what makes the corsair implementation bad? Just wondering what they did.

Is the 3988 a bad sensor? Also what makes the corsair implementation bad? Just wondering what they did.

No it's not, it the same sensor the DA 2013 uses. It's more or less as good as the 3310 of the FK2, M45 etc.

The Zowie FK2 would be a nice choice if you feel the M45 is too small.

You should check out the Avior 7000 it's like a FK1/FK2 but more customizable. Doesn't have the input lag issues some people are reporting about the Zowie, although there's no proof whether this affects real world performance.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I dont care enough about any of the mouse that use the sensor so I haven't looked into it

I know the DA 4g uses the same sensor and people have reported problems with smoothing

I dont know why but they always seem to feel worse

I assume it's because they've never cared enough to make a good mouse because their target audience is the casual gamer who cares more about gimmicks, like weight systems, lighting, marcos, high dpi, having an aluminum base plate, snipers buttons, etc rather than a more reliable and accurate sensor because chances are they use 5000dpi and play games with 2cm/360 so they wont notice the difference in performance anyway

the m45 is still a decent choice depending on your needs and if you like its ergonomics

avior 7000 Looks nice. And if the fk2 has input lag or issues I don't want to take a chance plus it's 67 bucks on Amazon which is a tad high. While the avior is 55 and the m45 is 40

I dont know why but they always seem to feel worse

I assume it's because they've never cared enough to make a good mouse because their target audience is the casual gamer who cares more about gimmicks, like weight systems, lighting, marcos, high dpi, having an aluminum base plate, snipers buttons, etc rather than a more reliable and accurate sensor because chances are they use 5000dpi and play games with 2cm/360 so they wont notice the difference in performance anyway

the m45 is still a decent choice depending on your needs and if you like its ergonomics

If the m45 and the fk2 uses the same sensor how would the m45 have difference In performance ? Or are you just talking about design and features?

I have a SS Rival, it's very reliable (in terms of its sensor)

Workstation i7-3930k | GTX 980 SLI | 2 x P2715Q (2160p) | AX1200i | H100i

Server E3-1245v3 | 24GB RAM | Be Quiet! 600W PSU | Be Quiet! Rock Pro 3

avior 7000 Looks nice. And if the fk2 has input lag or issues I don't want to take a chance plus it's 67 bucks on Amazon which is a tad high. While the avior is 55 and the m45 is 40

If the m45 and the fk2 uses the same sensor how would the m45 have difference In performance ? Or are you just talking about design and features?

the imput lag in the fk is click latency caused by a high de-bounce, it's only about 25ms (average human reaction time is 200ms or something like that for comparison)

the firmware they use affects the sensor

go for the m45 especially over the m65 as I've heard a fair few complaint about accuracy.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

my top 3 recommendations would be:

Logitech 303

Zowie FK1

Roccat Kone Pure Military

The Logitech g303 has the best modern sensor, light and short mouse clicks, flexible and durable cable, RGB lights, but the shape is kind of love it or hate it, its shorter then most mice, with a wide waist and a narrow butt.

The Zowie FK1 more resembles the sensei shape then the FK2 imo (FK2 is just a smaller FK1), great sensor, mouse clicks a little stiff, probably the most preferred mouse cable on the market.

The Roccat Kone Pure Military has a great sensor as well, it has an appealing shape, ergonomic right, but with a vertical side on the right side of the mouse, to give you ring and possibly pinky a flat surface to grip, which mouse ergonomic mice don't have. Its does have the worst cable of the bunch, its a stiff braided cable that is even a little shorter then the others as well.

Dose the fk1 have the click lag that the fk2 has? The Kone looks nice.

Also I forgot that Logitech has a lower end mouse to the 502. The 402. How is that mouse?