Noctua industrial ppc nf-f12 3000 PWM running extremely loud.

I'm aircooling my PC right now and am slowly upgrading it to water cooling. So, I picked up some of the fans I'm interested in using. The only issue is the Corsair 780t built in fan controller runs them way too loud on the lowest fan setting. I believe the controller sends 5v on the low setting.

So, is there a splitter or fan controller that is safe to run these on without blowing out a header. I'll probably have about 15 of these in the case when I'm done, with 12 on radiators. I'll probably need to pickup two controllers or splitters. I did notice on Noctua's website they suggest against using most common fan controllers with these.

Anyone know how to safely manage the speed of these fans? They're just unbearably loud right now.

use a PWM controller because otherwise they will stall with voltage control

those are extremely loud fans, idk why you bought them if you were going for silence...

use PWM to put them at 20% speed

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Does it matter if the fan controller only has 3 pins for each channel. I'm looking at the Lamptron cw611. Have any other suggestions? It sounds like not all of the fan / pump controllers are compatible with all pumps / fans.

Does it matter if the fan controller only has 3 pins for each channel. I'm looking at the Lamptron cw611. Have any other suggestions? It sounds like not all of the fan / pump controllers are compatible with all pumps / fans.

PWM control needs 4pins. You should be looking out for controller than has maybe 4-6 channels and splitting each to two or three.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The minimum speed they should run will be around 44%. Should be silent and provide adequate cooling at that speed. I do the same with 2k rpm fans at 40%.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Well, I picked up an Aquero 6 pwm controller. Looks like I need one with the amount of fans, and the pump I'm planning on running. It can run fans from 0 to 100%. Why should I not go lower than 40% on these fans?

Well, I picked up an Aquero 6 pwm controller. Looks like I need one with the amount of fans, and the pump I'm planning on running. It can run fans from 0 to 100%. Why should I not go lower than 40% on these fans?

The industrial grade Noctua's suffer from the same fate as most high rpm fans in that they can sometimes not spin up at all unless adequate current is being put through them, ~40% to be more precise.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Alright, so I need to hit them with 100% at startup, and from there can drop the speed down?

Alright, so I need to hit them with 100% at startup, and from there can drop the speed down?

What? No that's not what I meant. I mean you should find whatever the lowest percentage speed you can have them at and still have them spinning. For a lot of higher rpm fans that minimum is about 40%, but you should find what suits them. All in all, 3000rpm fans, Noctua or not, they're gonna be loud.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

I'm sorry mate, but you simply bought the wrong fan. 

These aren't designed for personal dekstop computers. They're called "industrial" for a reason. 

They're designed to operate at or near max RPMs. That's why they don't respond well to low voltages or low PWM inputs. Notice they don't have a "low-noise adaptor" rating for CFM and pressure on the website, like ALL of Noctua's other fans do?

TBH you should have realised, being a 3000rpm fan, that they were going to be extremely loud. 

If you desperately require them to be water-resistant and have a near-dustproof motor then you should replace it with the 2000rpm model. The 3000rpm model will be freaking loud no matter what you do to it. 

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y