Safe CPU Temp

Hey guys.

Just messing around with CPUID and saw my temperature for my CPU

As of right now I'm not doing anything besides watching the newest episode of Better Call Saul and my temps are as follows

Intel Core i7 4790k

Core 0- 25c

Core 1- 22c

Core 2- 22c

Core 3- 23c

Package- 27c

Are these temps ok? 

Those are great for idle. What's your AIDA load?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Perfect, they can go up to like 95 C before problems occur :P

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

They're great

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Shit, you've got better idle temps than I do. (Chills at around 30-35C) It gets up to about 60-63C when really gaming or rendering. You're 100% fine.

Specs:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz cooled by Corsair H80i | ASUS Maximus VII Formula |  G.Skill 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 2133 | EVGA 980 Superclocked (Fry) | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro OS Drive | WD Black HDD | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair Vengeance K70 | Logitech G502 Proteus Core

lol @ AMD 8350

idle temps do not matter

run intel XTU then tell us the temps

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's all about that load temp, no idle.

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

idle temps do not matter

run intel XTU then tell us the temps

downloading right now. is that supposed to push my cpu to get a load temp?

This is what I've got so far.

http://imgur.com/cou36M0

What program is that?

50 degrees under a load, you're golden pony boy.

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

What program is that?

50 degrees under a load, you're golden pony boy.

intel XTU

50 celcius = 122 Fahrenheit, long as you guys say its ok :D 

downloading right now. is that supposed to push my cpu to get a load temp?

yes

50C seems really low...are you sure youre running all 8 cores at 100%?

check task manager

and what cooler are you using

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yes

50C seems really low...are you sure youre running all 8 cores at 100%?

check task manager

and what cooler are you using

Yes they are all at 100%

I have a noctua NH-D14

Full specs :

-Intel Core i7 4790K 4.4Ghz

-Evga GTX 980 SC ATX 2.0 (SLI) 

-MSI 97 Gaming 7 Motherboard

-Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR3 Ram

-Crucial 1TB Solid State Drive

-Noctua NH-D14 Dual Heatpipe CPU Cooler

-CM Storm Stryker Full Tower

I havent done any overclocking or anything, I really want to, but I just dont know how to :P

I see I can do it within INTEL XTU, but not trying to fry my computer.

I recently switched over from consoles to PC, this is my first ever build, suprised it even booted up :P

Perfect, they can go up to like 95 C before problems occur :P

95C should actually be their throttle point. Danger zone is 100C or 105C I believe.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

OP your 4790K is cooler than the other side of the pillow... you must either be in a VERY cold environment or you have a super golden chip.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

95C should actually be their throttle point. Danger zone is 100C or 105C I believe.

The problem I was referring to was throttling

"problems occur" throttling is a problem

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

They're great

Read that in the kellogs tiger voice.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Those temps are so god damn hot. and by hot I mean like sexy... because there are some very naughty things i would do to that cpu...

I would gently caress that multiplier just a little... then get that girl going at 100% load... I might even be real bad and run prime95...

I might get a little more rough after that and kick it up a notch... but don't worry baby i got my eyes on your core... temp... 

Maybe you could handle me for an hour, but I guarantee you would blue out after my 24 hour torture test... 

I'd dial you down just a notch and maybe give you some more voltage lovin... 

Yeah... that's what I would do... 

I havent done any overclocking or anything, I really want to, but I just dont know how to :P

I see I can do it within INTEL XTU, but not trying to fry my computer.

I recently switched over from consoles to PC, this is my first ever build, suprised it even booted up :P

Your load temps look very good. When opening your pc, go in your UEFI (Press f2 or delete or soemthing like that). Select to lock all cores to the same multiplier. Put your multiplier at 46 and the vcore at 1,25. Be sure to change vcore settings to manual. Press f10 to save and exit bios. Use something like prime 95 or aida64 on all cores for maybe 2h. See if temps are ok. 65-70 celsius is fine.

If your pc blue screens or the testing software shows instability, get back to the bios and keep your vcore to 1.25 and drop your multiplier to 44 or something like that. If it does not blue screen or shows instability, try reducing the vcore to 1.24 and to the same time for testing.

If it blue screen or shows instability get your vcore back to 1.25. If it does not, try reducing it to 1,23. And do the same kind of testing. You shouldnot be able to push it under 1.23 at 4,6 gHz(multiplier of 46)

Once you found your stable overclock, go back in the bios and try to put the cache multiplier closer to your core multiplier. If your core multiplier is 46, try putting it to 44 or something like that. Dont forget you may need to change your cache voltage by a bit.

In the end, put your voltage regulation back to adaptive and you are done. Linus also did a video on this.

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

OP your 4790K is cooler than the other side of the pillow... you must either be in a VERY cold environment or you have a super golden chip.

I'm gonna go with that I have a super golden chip lol

Those temps are so god damn hot. and by hot I mean like sexy... because there are some very naughty things i would do to that cpu...

I would gently caress that multiplier just a little... then get that girl going at 100% load... I might even be real bad and run prime95...

I might get a little more rough after that and kick it up a notch... but don't worry baby i got my eyes on your core... temp...

Maybe you could handle me for an hour, but I guarantee you would blue out after my 24 hour torture test...

I'd dial you down just a notch and maybe give you some more voltage lovin...

Yeah... that's what I would do...

Have my babies.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313