Should anyone ever play Borderlands as a 1P game?

DeViLzzz

"I am not even sure if I said that right but the way I am playing this game now I am getting killed so much and I know with help I wouldn't be dropping dead all the time like I am. Single player in this game to me seems like it might be wise to grind out some extra levels and take the game even slower so you limit your deaths. Quite honestly right now I wish they had a tracker for the game that tracked stats like your total deaths, aim accuracy and so on. I think it would make replay that much better. I mean I am already going to replay it on single player someday and hopefully die way less. I just can believe though how I am sludging my way through the game now. I now have a lazer type weapon and I am facing aliens. On my way to all this I died numerous times. :S I love the game but when you die too much it kind of gets frustrating as it feels you are being carried through a story and not actually playing a game. Again if the game had stat tracking then I would know what I would need to beat next time on a play through. Do they do that in the other Borderlands games?"

After stating this on Steam I began thinking about whether or not anyone should ever play Borderlands as a 1P game.  Do you think it is worth it?

post-5177-0-68185800-1425939195.jpg

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I've played some singleplayer and I'm slowly advancing. I find it really interesting as I've never really experienced the multiplayer part of the game.

Sig under construction.

I played most of the whole series as single player and it's still really enjoyable, of course multi-player is really awesome but single player is still fun

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

I've played some singleplayer and I'm slowly advancing. I find it really interesting as I've never really experienced the multiplayer part of the game.

When you say slowly advancing are you grinding out any levels for your character by killing extremely easy stuff over and over again so that when you get to a boss or harder area with numerous decent bad guys who are capable of killing you well you don't die?  I am thinking I should have looked at playing this game as not something to play numerous hours a day over many weeks but should have looked at grinding big time and end up like you can in WOW where you are a level 80 doing a level 10 dungeons and pwning it.  Is that what you are doing?

When you say slowly advancing are you grinding out any levels for your character by killing extremely easy stuff over and over again so that when you get to a boss or harder area with numerous decent bad guys who are capable of killing you well you don't die?  I am thinking I should have looked at playing this game as not something to play numerous hours a day over many weeks but should have looked at grinding big time and end up like you can in WOW where you are a level 80 doing a level 10 dungeons and pwning it.  Is that what you are doing?

I'm not grinding or anything, I'm just kinda trying to play through the storyline, with the missions. I've only played like 10 hours though.

Sig under construction.

played Borderlands 1 and 2 single player, never had so much fun in a single player game before

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gnome Child.

See my thing is I remember games where you had 3 deaths and maybe so many continues and there are still some games out there that allow for that and my thing is with Borderlands now I am way over 3 deaths and again it just feels like I am being dragged through the game no matter what.  At one point today I know I got sloppy and had a few deaths because I knew I could just start over if what I did didn't work out.  I hate playing like that.  

Btw I didn't vote and will not vote in the poll.  I just want to see what others say with their votes and comments.

That all I've ever played Bordlerands as 1P, was fine for me. I don't like doing story based games with someone else