Project: As Many Bloody Radiators As I Can Fit.

I'm going to be completing my next matx build in the next few weeks focusing on ultimate cooling/airflow and minimum noise.

Parts I already have:

I7 4790K

16GB Avexier core series ram w/ EK waterblock

2x Gtx 780ti w/EK fullcover waterblocks/ blue backplates

EK supremacy Evo nickel plexi

Asus z97 Sabertooth armour edition matx motherboard

Corsair HX 1000i power supply

EK x3 150mm resivour

2x Laing D5 w/ EK dual pump top

Assorted Bitspower/EK fittings

EK HD 10-12mm hard tubing

EK ekcoolant Evo blue

2x Alpha cool XT 45 240mm radiators

2x Alphacool XT 45 120mm radiators

1x 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

1x 3TB WD Green HD

2x 2.5inch 1TB SSHD drives

CableMod blue/black sleeved kit

Parts on there way:

ThermalTake core V21 matx case

2x Phobya extreme 200mm 45mm thick radiator

3x 200mm bitfenix spectre pro blue led fans

5x 120mm Be Quiet silent wings 2 fans

3x 60cm RGB led strips w/controller

Will be posting a full build guide when remaining parts arrive :D

Cheers,

Josh.

Dis gon be good. Subbed :)

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I think you'll be fine with one D5 instead of 2.

Already had both with the dual pump top from a previous build. I like to have an extra for redundancy

how can you have lots of air flow with a case filled with rads? :D What fans will you be using?

how can you have lots of air flow with a case filled with rads? :D What fans will you be using?

Yeah didn't quite think of that lol. I'm using Silverstone air penetrator 180mm x 2

And Be quiet silent wings x5 or x10 haven't decided whether I'm doing push-pull yet

How're you using the AP181s, as case fans or radiator fans? 'cos I don't see a 180mm radiator in your parts list.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

How're you using the AP181s, as case fans or radiator fans? 'cos I don't see a 180mm radiator in your parts list.

The 200mm Phobya radiator that's on its way has mounting holes for 180mm fans in push-pull and it will be used for the intake

The 200mm Phobya radiator that's on its way has mounting holes for 180mm fans in push-pull and it will be used for the intake

Nice! That'll give some awesome cooling performance alright.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Nice! That'll give some awesome cooling performance alright.

Yup, love dem penetrators.

My dual 180 rad keeps my fx-6300 maxing at 40-45 degrees

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yup, love dem penetrators.

My dual 180 rad keeps my fx-6300 maxing at 40-45 degrees

Did you spend more on radiators than on a CPU?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Did you spend more on radiators than on a CPU?

Nope, rad was 90$, cpu was 110$

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So this build should be seriously worthy of the name, sooo I bought another 200mm radiator and Silverstone 180mm fan for another intake on the roof.

Just cause

I'm thinking about painting the radiator casings a green maybe neon? Or Apple green? Would love people's opinion on the matter.

Will probably revist this once the radiators arrive,

Cheers.

I have decided to change the colour of my build from green to blue. And will be getting blue ek backplates and clear gpu blocks also blue/black sleeved cables. I had to get the parts shipped from America so it's gonna take bloody ages until I can start posting pics. Sorry for the delay, but trust me it's definatly gonna be worth it. :D

nooo I love green/black builds ;)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

So im just cleaning out my cpu/ram blocks and thought I'd post a pic of how I clean the thermal compound

Good old wd40 and johnny walker blue label :D

And no one can say it won't work cause Ive done it 6 times before lol.

The whisky makes my pc smell lovely

I'm curious as to why you didn't go with the Thermaltake Core X9, WAY more radiators :P

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm curious as to why you didn't go with the Thermaltake Core X9, WAY more radiators :P

I wanted to try and keep it as small as possible without compromising on cooling or performance as I'm going to uni soon and from what I've seen the x9 is enormous. :) and for the price you can't beat it

I wanted to try and keep it as small as possible without compromising on cooling or performance as I'm going to uni soon and from what I've seen the x9 is enormous. :) and for the price you can't beat it

Perhaps the Core X2? It's a bit smaller, mATX, but still has ridiculous cooling options.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs