Copper vs nickel

Whats the difference between copper and nickel waterblocks?

the looks

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would think that copper would be better

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Conductivity. Copper blocks will do better at dissipating heat to the water, but not my an amount that you'll need to worry about. 

I would think that copper would be better

Conductivity. Copper blocks will do better at dissipating heat to the water, but not my an amount that you'll need to worry about. 

they are both copper

the nickel plating is only a few microns thick and makes 0 performance impact

the nickel plating is just for looks and corrosion resistance

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Also doesn't it affect the temperature?

CPU: AMD FX 9590 @ 4.7 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 6GB MB: MSI 990FXA-GD80 RAM: 8GB Vengance x4 HDD: Seagate 1B / 8GB SATA3 64MB SSD x2 OD: Blu-ray Writer 16x SATA Black PSU InWin 1200W Modular 80Plus Bronze  Chassis: Strike-X One MATX Tower 

they are both copper

the nickel plating is only a few microns thick and makes 0 performance impact

the nickel plating is just for looks and corrosion resistance

My mistake thought that it was the actual part making contact with the CPU heatspreader.

My mistake thought that it was the actual part making contact with the CPU heatspreader.

yes it is, the whole block is nickel plated

even the part touching the chip

it still makes no difference

Spoiler

yes it is, the whole block is nickel plated

even the part touching the chip

it still makes no difference

Well in that case it still technically does. Just not by a noticeable amount.

But thanks :D