Parsing Game Info Forever (Garrys Mod)

Burusutazu

I bought Garrys Mod over a year ago and finally decided to ask for help with this issue. When joining about 90% of the different servers on Garry's Mod it just sits at the parsing game info screen, nothing more. I've looked at the various steam threads that ask this but none actually give a solution to this problem.

Does anyone here at the LTT Forums know how to solve this problem?

Lord of Helium.

Imma bump this one last time incase anyone knows anything about my problem, i've checked multiple threads on other sites about this issue but none of them give out any solutions.

Lord of Helium.

do you mind explaining a little on what you mean by parsing?

Processor:Intel i7 5930k,     Motherboard:Gigabyte X99-UD4,     RAM:32GB ddr4,     GPU:2x GTX 770 SC,     Case:Corsair 780t,     Storage:2TB hard drive, 120GB SSD, 1GB external hard drive,

Power supply:cooler master v750 semi-modular,     Monitors:2x Philips 23" 1920x1080,     Cooling:XSPC raystorm water cooled CPU, 6 coolermaster jetflo 120mm fans.

When joining a server it will say "Parsing game info" I'm not sure what it means here but google said that Parse was to analyze.

Edit: Screenshot

parrsssiiinngggg_zpsxxd5cfyj.png

Lord of Helium.

Is the little thing in the middle still spinning when it happens?

Read the LTT Beginner's Guide; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron

Spoiler

CPU: i5-4690k 4.1 GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO GPU: Asus Gtx 970 Strix MOBO: ASUS Z97-E RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Cooler Master 600W 80+ Bronze Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced 

Is the little thing in the middle still spinning when it happens?

Yeah, it is.

Lord of Helium.

Yeah, it is.

Then it is still loading. You just have to wait.

Spoiler

CPU: i5-4690k 4.1 GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO GPU: Asus Gtx 970 Strix MOBO: ASUS Z97-E RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Cooler Master 600W 80+ Bronze Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced 

Then it is still loading. You just have to wait.

I've gone as far as leaving it for hours, it won't load.

Lord of Helium.

Never had this issue, so I can't really offer specific fix. I would suggest posting about your issue on the facepunch forums. My guess is that the people over there will be able to provide you with more help. 

Never had this issue, so I can't really offer specific fix. I would suggest posting about your issue on the facepunch forums. My guess is that the people over there will be able to provide you with more help.

^ Yes, this guy.

Spoiler