iPod Nano 7th generation + radio setup

Hello everyone

Last week my old HI-FI system (CD player, FM radio,...) broke. Now I was planning upgrading it to a whole new level  :D 

I was thinking to buy an iPod Nano and an amplifier with an aux cable. So I could just listen to my iTunes Library and FM radio. But I found out that you need to plug these earpods in, when listening to FM radio... I was planning to use the jack as an aux cable. Should I use a splitter? Or any other good ideas? Maybe some tips for an amplifier (around 170W)?

Thanks you!

Dennis

Hello everyone

Last week my old HI-FI system (CD player, FM radio,...) broke. Now I was planning upgrading it to a whole new level  :D 

I was thinking to buy an iPod Nano and an amplifier with an aux cable. So I could just listen to my iTunes Library and FM radio. But I found out that you need to plug these earpods in, when listening to FM radio... I was planning to use the jack as an aux cable. Should I use a splitter? Or any other good ideas? Maybe some tips for an amplifier (around 170W)?

Thanks you!

Dennis

Hang on, I'll check with mine (I've got a slitter as it happens).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You will be fine with the iPod connected to an amplifier through an AUX cable, I just plugged into my PC speakers, and it works fine. If anything the reception is better than when I use headphones or earpods..

@Dennisdn , BTW, please remember to follow your post.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You will be fine with the iPod connected to an amplifier through an AUX cable, I just plugged into my PC speakers, and it works fine. If anything the reception is better than when I use headphones or earpods..

This is because it uses the cable as an aerial and the longer wiring in the amp and speakers is a bigger surface area so better reception.

Thank you very much for the quick reply!

This is because it uses the cable as an aerial and the longer wiring in the amp and speakers is a bigger surface area so better reception.

I understand, thank you!