760K vs 860K

What is the difference between these two? I've read the comparisons, where in 760 has x64 L2 cache, .1 GHz higher, 4nm bigger, and 5 watts more than the other. 

As a non-enthusiast, what would be a good example in comparing these two? And how it affects PC performance as well as game performance, does it have a big difference in terms of FPS?

Spoiler

What is the difference between these two? I've read the comparisons, where in 760 has x64 L2 cache, .1 GHz higher, 4nm bigger, and 5 watts more than the other. 

As a non-enthusiast, what would be a good example in comparing these two? And how it affects PC performance as well as game performance, does it have a big difference in terms of FPS?

Barely any difference in terms of performance. At similar clock speeds the 860k is 10% faster as steam roller has better single threaded performance than piledriver. If you want to overclock get the 760k however, because piledriver is much better at overclocking than steamroller. In terms of fps there is maybe a 2 to 5 fps difference max.

The performance difference isn't huge but it is noticable in certain tasks. For a better look at the differences go here : http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Athlon-X4-860K-vs-AMD-Athlon-X4-760K

Using CPUboss... What has LTT come to...

Say perhaps I overclocked the two to 4.5GHz, what would be better? I got a Hyper T4 as my cooler

Spoiler

Just a bit better of architecture. Just 100mhz faster. Not much of a difference but I usually see 860k cheaper than 760k at times

Say perhaps I overclocked the two to 4.5GHz, what would be better? I got a Hyper T4 as my cooler

At the same clock speed the 860k will be better. However you would have a much better chance at getting 4.5 ghz with the 760k than with the 860k.

Using CPUboss... What has LTT come to...

It was the fastest comparison I could find. Is CPUboss really that bad?

It was the fastest comparison I could find. Is CPUboss really that bad?

Looking at something like this: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4690K-vs-AMD-FX-8320yes it's useless/bad. I use Cinebench/Passmark to see the multithreaded performance of processors and look at actual gaming benchmarks as well. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Bdver3 has about 11% faster IPC than Bdver2. So clock for clock the 860k is much faster. It's only clocked 100 MHz lower on the base and turbo so it will be faster out of the box than the 760k. Every bit of single thread performance helps in gaming when it comes to AMD so I would target the 860k.

OP here. Any good suggestion where to buy 860? NewEgg, OutletPC, Directron doesn't accept international cards.

Spoiler