Valve and the number 3 + Source 2

Hello,

Now that Source 2 has been announced, do you think we will start seeing [game here] 3? People have always made jokes about the number 3 and valve, but I've always wondered if they were planning on all the 3rd games to be on the source 2 engine. Do you think we will see HL2-Ep3/HL3, Portal 3, L4D3, etc.?

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

aP4YrEK_700b.jpg

THE ONE TRUE BEACON OF HOPE damn

I don't want to be disappointed again

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

aP4YrEK_700b.jpg

you know that has passed already. ?

Needs Update

you know that has passed already. ?

i still don't have the news so :)

ooops lol

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

No no, it's in 2103.

2 1 0 3

2 + 1 = 3

3 0 3

0 - 0 = 0

3 3

two 3s? Portal 3 + HL3 confirmed.

But for real, it has passed sadly. I was disappointed but not very surprised.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

I don't think that's a sign of hope. More like Valve fucking with everyone. :D

I don't think that's a sign of hope. More like Valve fucking with everyone. :D

Troll Valve is turned on.

See what I did there? Because its a valve.... get it?....

People, they will demo that OpenGL successor tomorrow.

And what better way to do that than with a new game/engine?

Look at that 100 posts.

Ye ole' train

I'm pretty sure Valve was claiming that Source 2 wasn't in development, until they revealed it. Just sayin', they've probably got all kinds of stuff slowly boiling away in the background. Valve is privately held, so they have no shareholders to report progress to. They can take as long as they want with this stuff while Steam keeps the money rolling in.

Look at that 100 posts.

1,337! At least it was when I posted this.

HTC have already stated they're bringing half life to their new vr tech.. weather it's half life 3 or not nobody knows. but imagine how a simultaneous release of half life 3 and their vr would absolutely destroy Oculus Rift and any other vr headsets in the works. well.. if it wasn't compatible or had limited exclusivity.

either way it's all speculation.

I'd only consider a vr headset if it was a must for half life 3..

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb