SanDisk Squeezes 200GB Into a Tiny microSD Card + Type-C Thumbdrive

I'd probably buy one, honestly... But it does beg the question... why are SSDs so damn expensive still.

How is it possible that you don't know why?, you can't compare SSD speed to MicroSD speed lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

whats the most storage in one phone possible ? 32gb internal + 128gb external?

The LG G3 can apparently handle up to 2TB SD card according to their phone specs.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

How is it possible that you don't know why?, you can't compare SSD speed to MicroSD speed lol.

No, but the technology is closely related

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

No, but the technology is closely related

You still can't compare them, you can't compare let's say a 4MB USB drive with 4MB cache on a CPU, cache will always be orders of magnitude faster than your average USB.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

>puts one into android tablet
>suddenly becomes daily computing device

Seriously, you could run an entire OS on that thing and use it for real-life day to day OS things. Holy shit.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

200GB MicroSDXC... Life for Raspberry Pi users just got fun! :3

Still $400 USD once it's launched, not surprising considering brand-spanking-new technology adventures tend to be fucking expensive. The original Gameboy was as cheap (for the time) as it was as it used well-worn and cheap technology (seriously, the bastard used a custom Intel 8080/Z80-type processor for the CPU) put together in a portable form factor instead of trying to deliver uber-new techspecs for its market place.

I'd probably buy one, honestly... But it does beg the question... why are SSDs so damn expensive still.

This has transfer speeds of 90mb/s. Typical SSD is 200-500mb/s. It's only just faster than a regular HDD.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

This has transfer speeds of 90mb/s. Typical SSD is 200-500mb/s. It's only just faster than a regular HDD.

I understand that. But it's only one chip as well. Ssds have an array of chips and they aren't trying to squeeze into such small dimensions.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

i really want that 200 GB sd card, i really listen to lot of soundtracks , and there's not enough space for them 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker