How to destroy a PC?

brownninja97

My friend asked me an unusual question? His pc is very old and his parents will only upgrade when it breaks. He asked me to break it in a way that makes it seem like its not on purpose. I was thinking of deleting system32. He has win98 and he wants to play games which he cant at the moment. Any ways to break it to a point where it cant be recovered and i already know that the restore points have to go.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

A hammer will do it :D

Why to break such a masterpiece?Trust my pure soul i am still looking for and old pc that can run win 95 and 98 and a ps1 so i can play some old games in classic way.Yes i can use an emulator for pc but why?Even if i have the resources the game wouldn't have the same feeling

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Just put a broken ram stick in it, or delete massive amounts of windows, or put a broken hdd in.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

drop the hdd and put it back in. that'll do it.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Just download some viruses on purpose or delete system32

Just put a broken ram stick in it, or delete massive amounts of windows, or put a broken hdd in.

What he said :P Or you could just delete System 32.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Use Firework's and then blame the dog :P

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

Pull a capacitor off the board near the cpu. Easy.

That seems hard to do. Maybe i should buy a shitty £10 psu and plug it in. Wait for the fireworks.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

take the cpu fan connector off, let it run until it dies and then put it back on

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Disconnect all the fans and run it till it stops as many times as it takes. If you're removing components, make it look not too obvious, like stuff off the back of the mobo. Remove the metal pin from the main power cable, hey it won't boot ;)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Disconnect all the fans and run it till it stops as many times as it takes. If you're removing components, make it look not too obvious, like stuff off the back of the mobo. Remove the metal pin from the main power cable, hey it won't boot ;)

The power cable is a great idea. That or getting rid of some of the pins off the cpu. That is a bit far fetched though.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

"Accidentaly" spill some water on it. Or break the fan on the cpu heatsink and delete the windows files, and drop the hdd, and break a small piece if the Motherboard, and download a virus or two. Do all of this so that they can just replace on part or something. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

drop the hdd and put it back in. that'll do it.

Remove important files before you do it lol

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Tell your friend to NOT destroy his parents property that still works fine for them, and get a job to buy his own computer if he wants to play games.

This seems to be the only intelligent suggestion here.

If you're dealing with an insurance company, and they discover that you wrecked your car for the sole purpose of getting the insurance payout, you'd be arrested for fraud. This is no different.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Tell your friend to NOT destroy his parents property that still works fine for them, and get a job to buy his own computer if he wants to play games. 

He will be paying for the new computer. According to him his parents have their importent stuff on a laptop that he cant touch. The computer is on its last legs anyways.

This seems to be the only intelligent suggestion here.

If you're dealing with an insurance company, and they discover that you wrecked your car for the sole purpose of getting the insurance payout, you'd be arrested for fraud. This is no different.

he wont be put in jail, his whole family knows that the pc will break any second so i think they will not bother to repair next time it dies. He has got £500 that he wants to spend and he basically begs them everyday. I dont think money is the issue as his house is quite big and he has a porsche panamera and a M3 and a nissian micra. They brought him a PS3 first time he asked but his broher took it to uni so he has nothing to do apart from playing on his phone.

Listen if you care.

Water?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

It's not hard to save up money man, just make a little eBay business. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Like said above. Shut off the fans and maybe run a stress test. You could also take the CPU out and bend a few pins. Oh and try to overclock it to hell!

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

Snip one of the black wires next to the green one on the 24pin power connector, then hide it in the tangle of wires. You can recover their data easily if need be. I speak from experience :P

Case: Corsair 500R ¦ Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ¦ CPU: i5-3570K @  4.7Ghz ¦ Cooler: H100i ¦ Graphics: MSI R7950 Twin Frozer III ¦ PSU: Corsair CX750M ¦ Storage: 1x OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1x Seagate 500gb, 1x WD 1TB Blue ¦¦

It's not hard to save up money man, just make a little eBay business. 

He has the money but he needs my parents permission to use it. His parents are like mine, if i had my way then i would have a Titan. My parents bottleneck me get it hahaah *cries*.

Listen if you care.