Thoughts?

So you want to buy a 400$ headset... question, what sound card do you have?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

He's probably planning on using the USB connection, so the soundcard will be bypassed anyway.

Beyerdynamic makes good headphones.. I'm pretty sure that's just a DT880 with a mic attached to it. The DT880 is a very good set, but if you want you could go with the DT770/990 PROs which are a cheaper alternative and you could end up spending the rest of the money on a decent DAC/sound card if you don't already have one and you could end up with a better audio setup.

Beyerdynamic 715565 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphone

indeed, you are paying premium.

one post above me explains everything

for 300$ http://www.amazon.com/electronics/dp/B000J1N3HW

then get 100 dollar soundcard. 

sounds good to you?

but if you have money get the original ones and at least asus xonar @ 100 - 200 price point

I would pair them with a Xonar Essence STX.

May I please have an image signature?

I'd go fiio e10, dt880's(or 770's if you need closed) and a mod mic, over just a headset.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

When you have a headset that has its own usb DAC I fail to understand how the signal quality can be sufficient to justify such an expensive set of cans.  Lets face they are being powered by a single rail 5v supply. I wonder if $400 is too much for what is a lower end audio solution?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I am open to suggestions, but I do want cans that are of the same quality and have the same level of performance that Beyerdynamic offers. When I have looked, unless I want to spend double or more what these cost, I can not find anything.

The Beyerdynamic gaming headset is based on the DT770 (just 16 Ohm drivers and some changes in the bassreflexchannel as far as i know), wich costs like 180$. 

Even though (and i really love Beyerdynamic) they use a very high quality mic, i dont think it is worth the money. 

I am open to suggestions, but I do want cans that are of the same quality and have the same level of performance that Beyerdynamic offers. When I have looked, unless I want to spend double or more what these cost, I can not find anything.

Multiple people have already suggested you get a set of Beyerdynamic headphones instead of one of their highly overpriced headsets.

You would be better off buying one of these and attaching one of these, and then adding one of these to drive them properly. That would total at around $322 (as opposed to $400) and be much better sounding.

Edited by ShearMe

You would be better off buying one of these and attaching one of these, and then adding one of these to drive them properly. That would total at around $322 (as opposed to $400) and be much better sounding.

that's also not mentioning upgrading will be really easy. You will more than likely be able to still use the mic and the dac/amp with a newer pair of headphones or even speakers.

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Multiple people have already suggested you get a set of Beyerdynamic headphones instead of one of their highly overpriced headsets.

I really much prefer this option, thanks!

This right here is spot on. Much better than the headset you linked OP. You could also change the MidMic for something like the Blue Snowball or Blue Yeti if you are OK with the slightly higher price and a desktop mic. Should should quite a lot better than the ModMic as far as audio quality goes, and it will still be a bit cheaper than the headset.

This right here is spot on. Much better than the headset you linked OP. You could also change the MidMic for something like the Blue Snowball or Blue Yeti if you are OK with the slightly higher price and a desktop mic. Should should quite a lot better than the ModMic as far as audio quality goes, and it will still be a bit cheaper than the headset.

I would love to have a really high quality desktop mic, the only problem is that I am in a small room with a ceiling fan and a box fan to keep the room and my comp cool. My friends hate when I use my camera as a mic because it sounds like, and I quote, "a tornado rampaging through a wind tunnel in the middle of the storm on jupiter". I would be afraid of dropping that much on a mic only to have the same problem. 

Slightly related I would probably get DT 990s or Sennheiser HD 650s as my headset.

do you have a windscreen on your current mic?

it should reduce the amount of air movement picked up by the mic.