PS4 and Xbox One GPU Specs Officially Released

Minasune

see I think the PS4 won't see much of a difference in performance from an actual HD 7850.

Development teams optimize for the consoles obsessively, so I bet that great things will come out of HSA (shared CPU-GPU memory), the developers themselves have said numerous times that the lower latency (not having to copy the data from the CPU memory to the GPU memory back and forth) will have great benefits.

Development teams optimize for the consoles obsessively, so I bet that great things will come out of HSA (shared CPU-GPU memory), the developers themselves have said numerous times that the lower latency (not having to copy the data from the CPU memory to the GPU memory back and forth) will have great benefits.

Dont forget the xbo will be using Cloud computing aswell as internal hardware so it should run rather well

Character artist in the Games industry.

Dont forget the xbo will be using Cloud computing aswell as internal hardware so it should run rather well

I thought they scrapped that idea along with always on?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I thought they scrapped that idea along with always on?

They didn't officially, but it's pretty much binned because how are games developers going to utilise the cloud well enough when there is potential that people are playing offline as well.

They didn't officially, but it's pretty much binned because how are games developers going to utilise the cloud well enough when there is potential that people are playing offline as well.

id assume the cloud computing would be for some things, not everything like Physics in game or something, but it would be nice if it was the shaders.

i would say, it is dependent on what the developers for the game do with it

Character artist in the Games industry.

im going to throw out the idea that they may use the cloud computing power of online games much  like servers so they can have a more rewarding experience playing games on multiplayer with out sacrificing textures and phisx more or less rewarding xbox live members for paying for the service 

Cpu:I7-3770|motherboard:msi z77 MPower|Ram:G-Skill Sniper 1866|Graphics:Evga 650ti SSC|Boot drive:128gb Samsung 840|Data drive:2 tb Seagate 7200 Case:Fractal Design R4|Power supply: corsair cs 750m|OS:Windows 7 home Premium|keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013| mouse: Razer Death Adder chroma

So as expected, they are both 500$ PCs, I guess that means I won this argument :D

(I'm FPSGameClips)

c10a3bebaa7958173478e0a9899d0f92.png

That guy doesn't even know what he's talking about. He's just copying and pasting. 3D Audio Raycasting (after I Googled it) has nothing to do with graphics, it's just sound.

im going to throw out the idea that they may use the cloud computing power of online games much  like servers so they can have a more rewarding experience playing games on multiplayer with out sacrificing textures and phisx more or less rewarding xbox live members for paying for the service 

I don't think it works that way.

That would mean that the Cloud service would have to send you the data of textures as fast as the console can load it or faster, it would have to be at an instant or else there would be pop in issues everywhere. Not everyone has the best connection.

my GTX 770 Lightning cruse both of those specs :')

The xbox one is so cute! :')

Could EASILY build one for cheaper :/ since the 6800k xFires with the 7750 if I recall correctly I could build a pretty nice low budget pc with that :p to pcpartpicker (Just because I like to pre-assemble things on there for when people ask)

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

So as expected, they are both 500$ PCs, I guess that means I won this argument :D

(I'm FPSGameClips)

Except that you can't build a $500 PC with an 8 core processor, a 7850, and 8 GB of GDDR5 for $400. Partially because you can't buy GDDR5 but also because it's expensive and doesn't natively work with CPUs

It's kinda nice to hear that my system will stack up pretty evenly with the PS4 (specs in sig). Also a PC that will be comparable to a PS4 might be a little bit more expensive at launch, but then you have to remember that it is also a full fledged computer.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Yeah so basically to sum up, if you're a console gamer and like better looking games, just go for the PS4.

(or just ad 400€ and get a 700€ entry-level gaming PC that you can upgrade later on, wich is a lot better than consoles)

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Except that you can't build a $500 PC with an 8 core processor, a 7850, and 8 GB of GDDR5 for $400. Partially because you can't buy GDDR5 but also because it's expensive and doesn't natively work with CPUs

The Apu wont be as powerful as a HD7850, it is physically impossible with the size constraints and TDP of the chips,not to mention Richland and trinity desktop APUs are superior in every way and they are no where near the power of a 7850, so how in the world do you come to the conclusion that these dinky little chips have the power of a full size dedicated desktop level GPU? I think the 7850 Moniker is for the 7850M or mobile series level in power would put it around the level of the midrange level APU systems. 

• 2 weeks later...

New Zealand Prices

XBOX $750

PS4 $650

You can not build a $650 PC with a HD7850 here as the 7850 is $300 on its own.

Exactly! we get taxed 3 times before us NZ consumers get the products in our hands!

We have a 3% tax then a 12% tax (forgotten what these two taxes were for) and then we get taxed again at 15% at the retail end!

To build a mid ranged Gaming Rig here in NZ (without OS, monitor or K/M) cost's around $700.00 - $750.00. And with the peripherals added in, your looking at over $1,000 NZD

(I'm FPSGameClips)

its not that big a surprise they do cost around 500.....but the ps4 cost less and is better -_- GEE WHAT TO CHOOSE

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

This is where I get my solid info about any AMD/NVidia GPU's when I'm building Gaming Rigs, Or comparing Console to PC Hardware. NVidia http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/NVIDIA-GeForce-Chips-Comparison-Table/132 AMD http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/131 PS4 is putting out 176GB/s through the Memory Bus (Memory Transfer Rate), which is comparable to a Radeon HD 6970 GPU.