[SOLVED] gtx 660ti fan speed is 30 % and fans rpm is maxed out [help]

G_4s
Go to solution Solved by G_4s,

Solved the issue.

how did i do it?

well thx to Liam-McShane with his quote.

Check to see both fans are actually spinning, some GPU's run one fan at full speed if the other is not spinning.

he did let me think what could be the problem i tought if the gpu does spin up all the fans to 100% if he cant get an RPM messure he would spin it up.

first thing is i checked the pwm fan connector i saw he pins moving in the connector so i took the whole thing appart and i bended the pins of the pwm a little to the inside now they make perfect contact that fixed it. but what kept me thinking right now is we had rpm vallues why would the gpu spin the fans to 100% because my design are 2 fans on 1pwm connector so how could the gpu know or thought there was a problem i think that it was the pwm pin of the connector that did not connect propperly because of the 4 wires 1-rpm 1-com 1-12v and 1-pwm we got rpm and the fans were spinning so it had to be the pwm pin?

so i learned some things again today thx for the support guys!

will see you guys later on the forum it was nice to met you all!

:)

[sOLVED]

hey guys,

i have a little problem with my gtx 660ti.

i just started my computer and i went to play bf4 i start bf4 and sudnly fan speed of gpu went trough the roof to 100%.

cant change it via evga software or anything also gpu-z tells me gpu fans speed is 30% but the fans rpm is 4100RPM.

post-119762-0-39876600-1425128826.gif

- i already tried new and older driver install didn't work

- tried to restart my computer fans where 100% all the time on restart didn't work

- tried to reinstall evga software didn't work

- will try restorepoint now pending

- bending the pins of the pwm connector to the inside made them all connect propperly so that fixed it.

anybody got some idees ?

computer specs:

i7 3770

asus p8h77-v le

16GB corsair veagance ram 4*4

250GB SSD samsung 850 evo

1TB seagate baracuda

soundblaster Z

corsair h80i

win 8.1 64-bit

hey guys,

i have a little problem with my gtx 660ti.

i just started my computer and i went to play bf4 i start bf4 and sudnly fan speed of gpu went trough the roof to 100%.

cant change it via evga software or anything also gpu-z tells me gpu fans speed is 30% but the fans rpm is 4100RPM.

attachicon.gifgpu-z.gif

- i already tried new and older driver install didn't work

- tried to restart my computer fans where 100% all the time on restart didn't work

- tried to reinstall evga software didn't work

- will try restorepoint now pending

anybody got some idees ?

Try using nvidia inspector. I had many problems on my Gtx 970 that I just couldn't fix with any of the usual OC software; 1min on nvidia inspector, and it was all solved.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Welcome to the Forum.

If your fans are running at 4000RPM, then you must have the fans of the gods.

Sig under construction.

Try using nvidia inspector. I had many problems on my Gtx 970 that I just couldn't fix with any of the usual OC software; 1min on nvidia inspector, and it was all solved.

nvidia inspector is saying the same things as gpu-z

nvidia_20150228_141659.png

nvidia inspector is saying the same things as gpu-z

nvidia_20150228_141659.png

That's.... weird. Can you at least change the fan speed, using the OC tab?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Check to see both fans are actually spinning, some GPU's run one fan at full speed if the other is not spinning.

they are all running and i touched one of them (didn't ment to hit it with my finger tho) but whatever and it powerd to 30% after 2 secs insta back to 100% and that 3 times and it went to full rpm again. very weird lol.

That's.... weird. Can you at least change the fan speed, using the OC tab?

tried to set it but did not work

nvidia_20150228_143006.png

EDIT: they sometimes power to 30% fanspeed at random times now very weird.

second EDIT: it seems a bad contact of fan header i think i accidently bashed on my table and it went to 30 % and now as i'm typing it constantly goes from 100% to 30 % ill check it out give me a sec to open my case and unplug my gpu and examin it lolz xD.

Solved the issue.

how did i do it?

well thx to Liam-McShane with his quote.

he did let me think what could be the problem i tought if the gpu does spin up all the fans to 100% if he cant get an RPM messure he would spin it up.

first thing is i checked the pwm fan connector i saw he pins moving in the connector so i took the whole thing appart and i bended the pins of the pwm a little to the inside now they make perfect contact that fixed it. but what kept me thinking right now is we had rpm vallues why would the gpu spin the fans to 100% because my design are 2 fans on 1pwm connector so how could the gpu know or thought there was a problem i think that it was the pwm pin of the connector that did not connect propperly because of the 4 wires 1-rpm 1-com 1-12v and 1-pwm we got rpm and the fans were spinning so it had to be the pwm pin?

so i learned some things again today thx for the support guys!

will see you guys later on the forum it was nice to met you all!

:)

• 7 years later...

mine is running at 5340rpm at 30% idk what's wrong when its at 80% it sits at 5400rpm so yeah that's a thing I've taken it apart and cleaned it and it still just runs like a jet engine its great while I talk with friends and all they hear is my fan I'm pretty sure its this one

R.jpg

Edited by soulslayer1621
bad spelling