73 % of SSD owners won't experience malfunction of SSDs – study

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

My macbook only uses an SSD... that being said though, I do back up my information to the "cloud" as well as to an external HDD. I agree that everything will fail at some point.

Please do not thread necro in the future. This topic was last mentioned in March, a long time ago.

You can read the Code of Conduct here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Please do not thread necro in the future. This topic was last mentioned in March, a long time ago.

You can read the Code of Conduct here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

actually, you did. if i find this thread when googling something, and if i had any thoughts on it, i'd have commented it to, there's no COC saying you CAN not comment on older threads. no since you commented that, i had to respond, effectively necroing this thread,  next time,i it's better to not say anything on a older thread to avoid getting it back on the news list. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

actually, you did. if i find this thread when googling something, and if i had any thoughts on it, i'd have commented it to, there's no COC saying you CAN not comment on older threads. no since you commented that, i had to respond, effectively necroing this thread,  next time,i it's better to not say anything on a older thread to avoid getting it back on the news list.

Here is the rule:

4.3 Thread Necroing

Thread necroing consists of reviving a previously resolved, settled, or "dead" thread after a prolonged period of time by the OP with the intention of bumping the thread to the top of the board. Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing". A shorter duration may be considered when dealing with situations like previously resolved threads being reposted or simply for the purpose of bumping it to the front page. Build logs are exempt from this rule.

I responded to the person who revived the thread, notfifying that this was an old thread and should not be brought back to the front page, it was not me who thread necro'd. And by your logic, you also posting on this thread contradicts what you are saying. Alas, I do not wish to argue and I expect the mods to do their job and lock this thread. Let's leave it at there.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

you're still doing it... stop. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker