New Job salary Advice

timemachine

Im in the process of looking for a new job.  At my current work I get a salary and free insurance.

In the job apps it ask for wage/salary. 

Would you factor in the fact that I have free insurance (around 300 a month) or just the raw number.

The new job will not include free insurance.

raw number

Insurance is not your salary just a health care package lel COD reference

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Just the raw number, the free insurance is a job benefit not part of your salary.  

Or at least that would be my interpretation of it... 

Yes, because it is now a cost of living instead. 

Now, if they are specifically asking what you made at last job, then just the raw. But if you are putting how much you'd like to make, or wwhatever, then I would factor in whatever health insurance would be for you now.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

If the new job doesn't include health insurance definitely factor that in.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

If the new job doesn't include health insurance definitely factor that in.

The new one  does not cover my insurance.

The new one  does not cover my insurance.

Heres the other deal, and another reason why you should include, if you're in the US:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2015/01/13/376783972/tax-time-gets-new-ritual-proof-of-health-insurance

Most need to provide proof of insurance for taxes now. Just deciding "I dont want health insurance" isn't as easy of an option anymore. Because nothing says "we want everyone to have healthcare" like forcing you to pay for insurance or risk being penalized. Thanks Gov....

So, its really no longer a luxury, it's closer to a "necessary living expense". 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I ended up putting down the RAW with OT. I will ask for more once they make me an offer to factor in my health insurance.

Yes, because it is now a cost of living instead. 

Now, if they are specifically asking what you made at last job, then just the raw. But if you are putting how much you'd like to make, or wwhatever, then I would factor in whatever health insurance would be for you now.

Portlanians unite! And I agree.

Today they sent me an offer which is pretty good. But since the new company doesn't cover insurance I negotiated a little and they agreed to give me another offer that almost covers the entire thing. i couldn't be happier!