Vinyl player on pc?

Antibull

there is a couple of vinyl players that have an audio out, just plug that into your microphone and your good to go !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

That defeats the ENTIRE purpose of vinyl, not that I'm a big supporter of vinyl in the first place. Here's a preamp: http://www.thomann.de/nl/art_deejaypre_ii.htm

How does connecting it to my pc defeats the purpose? xD I don't have anything else laying around to hook it on. Well some old amplifiers but those are big and i don;t want that ;/ 

How does connecting it to my pc defeats the purpose? xD I don't have anything else laying around to hook it on. Well some old amplifiers but those are big and i don;t want that ;/

The reason people argue in favor of vinyl nowadays is that it is completely analog. Putting it through a computer will convert it into digital at least once before outputting it again. There would be merit in recording the audio into a high bit rate file so that you could listen to vinyl quality audio whenever, but it is kind of silly to spend the time setting up a disc each and every time if you're putting it through your computer.

You gotta do what you gotta do though, I'm just saiyan.

The reason people argue in favor of vinyl nowadays is that it is completely analog. Putting it through a computer will convert it into digital at least once before outputting it again. There would be merit in recording the audio into a high bit rate file so that you could listen to vinyl quality audio whenever, but it is kind of silly to spend the time setting up a disc each and every time if you're putting it through your computer.

You gotta do what you gotta do though, I'm just saiyan.

I agree. I think the point of vinyl is to get the warm raw sound from it, which you would need to just use a speaker made for it, and put it straight in.

I agree. I think the point of vinyl is to get the warm raw sound from it, which you would need to just use a speaker made for it, and put it straight in.

Any speaker would work, just gotta have the right kind of amps in between.

Or, to get recordings that are only on vinyl.

Or, to get masters that are only on vinyl.

Or, because as far as physical media goes, it's the best quality and has had the longest lifespan as a format and they do tend to survive physical abuse a bit better than most other formats.

OP, are you trying to just play your vinyls through your PC speakers or are you trying to record and convert the audio to digital?

Or, because as far as physical media goes, it's the best quality and has had the longest lifespan as a format and they do tend to survive physical abuse a bit better than most other formats.

Versus what? Casette tapes?

Versus what? Casette tapes?

Versus cassettes, 8-tracks, MiniDisc, CD; nearly any physical medium that audio has been put on, save maybe reel-to-reel tape, it's made it through it all.

Versus cassettes, 8-tracks, MiniDisc, CD; nearly any physical medium that audio has been put on, save maybe reel-to-reel tape, it's made it through it all.

CD has better quality and longevity.

CD has better quality and longevity.

Eh, I think records sound better than CD's, but it really varies from album to album, even song to song. CD's will last a while If it never comes out of the case. I have several CD's (actual albums, not CD-R/RW's) that the foil has cracked and split between the plastic layers, rendering them useless. There's a reason why thrift stores have crates of vinyl and the CD/tape section is a ghost town...

Eh, I think records sound better than CD's

The audio on them may be better, the format is otherwise no better.

OP, are you trying to just play your vinyls through your PC speakers or are you trying to record and convert the audio to digital?

Just to play. But I might connect them to another set of speakers if I can find a proper Amp. It will be better to connect to my pc tho, would save more space since I don't need to add another set of speakers. 

Eh, I think records sound better than CD's, but it really varies from album to album, even song to song. CD's will last a while If it never comes out of the case. I have several CD's (actual albums, not CD-R/RW's) that the foil has cracked and split between the plastic layers, rendering them useless. There's a reason why thrift stores have crates of vinyl and the CD/tape section is a ghost town...

Keeping Vinyls because you think they last the longest is a dumb reason to keep vinyls. The cloud means digital media lasts the longest. If you prefer a certain vinyl version of a certain song or album that isn't available online, you can always record it and upload it yourself.

That defeats the ENTIRE purpose of vinyl, not that I'm a big supporter of vinyl in the first place. Here's a preamp: http://www.thomann.de/nl/art_deejaypre_ii.htm

I agree, might as well go online and try to find your record in lossless instead of investing in equipment to convert vinyls to digital.....

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein