AMD HD Radeon 9000 series rumored to come out in October

I am very much looking forward to seeing how these new cards will perform, I'll be holding out on buying a card for my new build until about that time for sure!

The 7970ghz toxic 6gb was about 10% slower than a titan.

Well obviously. It's a 7970, no matter how much memory you cram into it. The 7970 is a whole year older than the GTX Titan and at it's current pricing of around 300 dollars in some  places, it's not meant to go up against the 1000 dollar Titan.

I guess the card is.... Over nine thousand.

No no, w8, I've got a better one:

The AMD finally has a RED CARD for Nvidia's GK104! 

*puts on sunglasses*YYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!

What? Nothing? -Tough crowd!

Awesome puns aside, I'm happy for AMD and I really hope they can finally land a good punch on Nvidia. And we users can only benefit form a new GPU war.

I've had a powercolor 9550 8 years ago, a fine piece of silicone. The lack of pixel shader 3.0 support is what killed its usefulness in the end. But it's still working in my friend's old PC.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

It's just a rehashed 7970 GHz Edition. People need to quit being so excited over nothing.

And no, quit living in your fantasy world, it won't be 20nm. 0% chance of that happening. TSMC isn't even making the chips for Apple yet. And I'm most certain that Apple will get them before AMD or Nvidia does.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

It's just a rehashed 7970 GHz Edition. People need to quit being so excited over nothing.

That's the 8000 series, which are rebranded 7000 series for OEM, not the 9000 series...

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

That's the 8000 series, which are rebranded 7000 series for OEM, not the 9000 series...

No, just like 760 and 770 where rehashed GK104, the 9000 series will be the same. They will be slightly better but not something you will go OMG over. Think of GTX 680 vs GTX 770.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

No, just like 760 and 770 where rehashed GK104, the 9000 series will be the same. They will be slightly better but not something you will go OMG over. Think of GTX 680 vs GTX 770.

Wiki:

The Volcanic Islands series is a family of GPUs developed by AMD, which will succeed the Sea Islands line. Volcanic Islands (VI) is expected to compete with the Nvidia Maxwell and second-generation Xeon Phi architectures, and is expected to be released in 2013.[1] The new VI GPUs would be manufactured on a 20 nm Gate-Last process through either TSMC or Common Platform Alliance.[2]

The 2015 "Islands" family of GPUs will be Volcanic Islands' successor, Pirates Islands.[3]

Which is basically the same I have read on every other page yet.

Wiki:

The Volcanic Islands series is a family of GPUs developed by AMD, which will succeed the Sea Islands line. Volcanic Islands (VI) is expected to compete with the Nvidia Maxwell and second-generation Xeon Phi architectures, and is expected to be released in 2013.[1] The new VI GPUs would be manufactured on a 20 nm Gate-Last process through either TSMC or Common Platform Alliance.[2]

The 2015 "Islands" family of GPUs will be Volcanic Islands' successor, Pirates Islands.[3]

It has been confirmed by TSMC that their 20nm production will go in full force next year, they will start with Apple this year. Not AMD. Quit living in your dreamworld. I can go edit a Nvidia article with rumors aswell.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/AMD-Radeon-Grafikkarte-255597/News/AMD-Volcanic-Islands-Oktober-Radeon-HD-9000-1076723/

http://videocardz.com/43446/amd-radeon-hd-9000-series-launching-october

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/graphics/display/20130701195901_AMD_May_Unleash_Next_Generation_Radeon_HD_9000_Series_in_October.html

Some moar?

Its 28nm for all I care, yet it's not a rebrand.

It has been confirmed by TSMC that their 20nm production will go in full force next year, they will start with Apple this year. Not AMD. Quit living in your dreamworld. I can go edit a Nvidia article with rumors aswell.

Still, not a rebrand. Fanboi much?

Rehash and rebrand are two different things.

No I'm not a fanboy, but there is no denying that Nvidia has the superior product out in the market currently. And I doubt AMD will be able to compete with GK110 anytime soon.

Rehash and rebrand are two different things.

No I'm not a fanboy, but there is no denying that Nvidia has the superior product out in the market currently. And I doubt AMD will be able to compete with GK110 anytime soon.

It has with the Titan, what I've read  Titan > 9970 > 780 and probably for less. Gonna be the same as last time, few driver optimizations, and AMD will wipe to floor with Nvidia ^^

It has with the Titan, what I've read  Titan > 9970 > 780 and probably for less. Gonna be the same as last time, few driver optimizations, and AMD will wipe to floor with Nvidia ^^

What are you talking about? It has done what with the Titan?

Titan is the best single-GPU card out there. 7990 doesn't compete with a single-GPU card.

And honestly you are hilarious. Since when have AMD drivers improved anything?

Titan is the best single-GPU card out there. 7990 doesn't compete with a single-GPU card.

well, technically they did, the 7970 at first wasn't on par with the 680 but later on it surpassed it in performances. There has been a huge improvement in their drivers, of course they can't do miracles, but it's a bit too harsh to state that they didn't improve anything isn't it?

The discussion between you and Scia is going a little bit off topic, I would suggest to continue it through PMs instead of here (I personally don't have a problem with it, but others may).

AMD drivers are trash. This is fact.

Having said that....if you do go off white papers and mythical specs of their upcoming cards...they do appear to be quite powerful. 

But it is kinda like a movie trailer for a movie. Looks awesome! BUT....the movie could come out and be total crap. You just won't know until it is actually out. So arguing about it and declaring it a winner before samples even hit....is kind of silly.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

[...]

I would say that both AMD and Nvidia drivers have been trash. AMD at the moment are improving at a decent paste (I wouldn't still say they are good, but neither that they are bad) while Nvidia is having some slips with the most recent ones even if overall they are usually been better than AMD ones (yet still not good, when three months ago I purchased my new computer I refused to pick an nvidia GPU just because I was tired of their drivers stop answering every hour or so in my previous computer).

For the rest I agree with what you said, I apologize for my English.

Omid, on 02 Jul 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

Having said that....if you do go off white papers and mythical specs of their upcoming cards...they do appear to be quite powerful.

But it is kinda like a movie trailer for a movie. Looks awesome! BUT....the movie could come out and be total crap. You just won't know until it is actually out. So arguing about it and declaring it a winner before samples even hit....is kind of silly.

That 320 driver from 2 weeks ago killed a whole load of nVidia GPUs. I'd hardly say that speaks for nVidia's driver team's competence or their internal QA department. Isn't the first time either.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Sony released an update for the PS3 that bricked units.

My comment didn't declare any vendor to be perfect. I will say, however, there was a slight bias in my previous comment about AMD drivers being trash.  ;) 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

7990 competes in raw power and in price point with that particular single GPU card.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

gonna wait for benchmarks on this, then i wonna see if its worth me getting this for gaming and a 780 for work + PhysX and CUDA

Character artist in the Games industry.

I doubt AMD will be able to compete with GK110 anytime soon.

Er why not? AMD typically trades blows with nvidia.

There seems to be a percentage of people who thinks that nvidia always wipes the floor with AMD, I honestly don't know why.

There seems to be a percentage of people who thinks that nvidia always wipes the floor with AMD, I honestly don't know why.

Indeed since 12.11 drivers AMD HD7000 has been top dog at all price points, took the GTX700 to change that I'd imagine the lead will be taken back with HD9000 if AMD wishes to continue this trend.

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Marketing, brah. That and fanboys.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I'm actually really excited to see what AMD brings to the table. I was pretty sure I was going to go back to the green team, but I could easily be swayed by 780 performance along with a nice selection of games from Never Settle.