AMD HD Radeon 9000 series rumored to come out in October

NZXT tweeted

#Rumor @AMDRadeon's HD9000 series supposedly launching Oct 2013!

Here is a link to the article

http://videocardz.com/43446/amd-radeon-hd-9000-series-launching-october

What are your thoughts?

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

MY thoughts? Cheaper 7950! 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Hahaha, you beat me

Both our topics say they were mad at 6:33 but mine is lower on the list :p

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Our... Even cheaper 7970 ghz!!!!!!!!!!!

It should be awesome but nothing is definite so far. I wouldn't expect the 9970 to beat out Titan but nvidia will definitely have some trouble with it beating out the 780, if this is all true.

It's already down to almost the price of a 760, what more do you want?

It should be awesome but nothing is definite so far. I wouldn't expect the 9970 to beat out Titan but nvidia will definitely have some trouble with it beating out the 780, if this is all true.

Yes but the 780 is a freakin monster of a card right now, lets hope AMD will give it a beating at a lower price

Both our topics say they were mad at 6:33 but mine is lower on the list :P

Hahah yeh, how can i delete my post?

It's already down to almost the price of a 760, what more do you want?

I want it cheaper...........

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Hahah yeh, how can i delete my post?

You can't, mods will probably merge it with mine or lock it.

I want it cheaper...........

AMD still has to make SOME money, otherwise they won't be able to, you know, stay in business and keep making cards. you're getting a superior part for nearly the same price. Compare that to Nvidia who is still charging $300 for the 670 which is now their last generation GPU

The 7970ghz toxic 6gb was about 10% slower than a titan.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

The current GPU prices, likely wont drop any further. Even though a new card is on the horizon, they will simply phase out the current gen without clearance pricing as they've done so previously generations.

People will continue to buy the 7xxx series until they run out even when the 9xxx series is released because they will be cheaper. A 7970 for $330, a 9970 for $550. The 7970 will perform CLOSE to the 9950 for good price to performance ratio.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

AMD still has to make SOME money, otherwise they won't be able to, you know, stay in business and keep making cards. you're getting a superior part for nearly the same price. Compare that to Nvidia who is still charging $300 for the 670 which is now their last generation GPU

They already making money, their stock has doubled since before the 8350 launch. 

They already making money, their stock has doubled since before the 8350 launch. 

Stock is unreliable, if they don't turn a profit on their products their stock prices will tumble and they'll go out of business entirely. This isn't a debate, the 7000 series is dirt cheap right now. 

Stock is unreliable, if they don't turn a profit on their products their stock prices will tumble and they'll go out of business entirely. This isn't a debate, the 7000 series is dirt cheap right now. 

Yes but it's not like after the 9000 series launch they are going to be making anymore 7000 series cards and the cards will be on clearance @ places like NCIX and Newegg. Dude it's gunna b super cheap.  

Yes but it's not like after the 9000 series launch they are going to be making anymore 7000 series cards and the cards will be on clearance @ places like NCIX and Newegg. Dude it's gunna b super cheap.  

Not really, look at Nvidia. 700 series is hear and we haven't seen any drop in the price of the 600 series. they don't have to, the prices are already lower than the current gen, there's no reason for them to lower the prices any further than they are now. 

Not really, look at Nvidia. 700 series is hear and we haven't seen any drop in the price of the 600 series. they don't have to, the prices are already lower than the current gen, there's no reason for them to lower the prices any further than they are now. 

Well I have a Microcenter and Fry's nearby, And from what I've seen these past 2 gens, the prices will plummet there. 

But their stock was so low it doesn't really matter...

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

To investors it does!

To investors it does!

But that doesn't mean AMD is making that much money.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

The truth hurts...

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

8000?

8000 series is OEM rebrands of 7000 series, the next actually new line of GPUs will be the 9000 series