NVidia CEO and President on GTX 970

hitsu1

I am noticing the same pattern on all forums i visit. The loudest people voicing their opinion don't even own the card to begin with. They have 0 experience with the card, have never seen the issue and probably dont understand it,

Quite a strawman you've built there.  Why don't you two go wrestle in the corner?

Whether I own this particular product or not is immaterial to the subject.

Because I am still in the market for computer components.

And this sort of sleazy, dishonest, insulting behavior from a major component manufacturer is not good for anyone who buys components.

Why?  Because Nvidia didn't do this for S&G's they did it because they though it would sell product.    

So, absent any consequences for their misdeeds, every other company is either at a competitive disadvantage, or they too have to start playing the same tricks themselves in order to keep up. 

What do you think the net effect will be when everyone starts think that that everything every company says is total bullshit?

Same goes for all the review sites - when everyone starts to recognize that they are just connected industry shills it will eventually hurt everyone.

This sort of behavior needs consequences.

The problem is you and others are listening to people who don't actually own 970's; have never actually tested to see if it's performance tanks and are jumping on the hate bandwagon because so-and-so said "when you get into that last 512MB of vram, performance goes to shit" which is not always the case whatsoever.

The problem is you and others are listening to people who don't actually own 970's; have never actually tested to see if it's performance tanks and are jumping on the hate bandwagon because so-and-so said "when you get into that last 512MB of vram, performance goes to shit" which is not always the case whatsoever.

Whether they have a 970 or not, it's still okay to talk about what they feel about it and discuss with a wider audience who are aware of the issue. We are not just talking about the performance of the card only.

"Hate bandwagon" ? I think you are overreacting a bit here :P.

It's makes sense to be a bit more concerned about the 970 because of the gimped vram. And because performance drops do happen, it makes it more concerning :rolleyes:.

Although I wish the discussions here were more civil -_-.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Whether they have a 970 or not, it's still okay to talk about what they feel about it and discuss with a wider audience who are aware of the issue. We are not just talking about the performance of the card only.

"Hate bandwagon" ? I think you are overreacting a bit here :P.

It's makes sense to be a bit more concerned about the 970 because of the gimped vram. And because performance drops do happen, it makes it more concerning :rolleyes:.

Although I wish the discussions here were more civil -_-.

Your last sentence is what I'm talking get about. We have people here who like to be irrational about this.

Except that I do own one.

But thanks for totally ignoring the central point of my argument.

I assume that is because you had no real answer.

Other than to proceed to make incorrect assumptions about what I do or do not own, much less what I know.

Except that I do own one.

But thanks for totally ignoring the central point of my argument.

I assume that is because you had no real answer.

Other than to proceed to make incorrect assumptions about what I do or do not own, much less what I know.

Don't be so hostile, mate.

If you own a 970, did you notice any noticeable performance loss before you found out about all this?

Which model do you have?

Don't be so hostile, mate.

If you own a 970, did you notice any noticeable performance loss before you found out about all this?

Which model do you have?

Not hostile at all.

Don't make unwarranted assumptions that totally ignore the premise of what I said.  Either address my comment as offered or move along.

I own a Gigabyte G1 Gaming.  It is in the gaming computer I built my kids this Christmas.  I don't use it.

But your entire line of questioning is silly.  Whether I, or my kids have noticed problems right now is not the point. 

Not hostile at all.

Don't make unwarranted assumptions that totally ignore the premise of what I said. Either address my comment as offered or move along.

I own a Gigabyte G1 Gaming. It is in the gaming computer I built my kids this Christmas. I don't use it.

But your entire line of questioning is silly. Whether I, or my kids have noticed problems right now is not the point.

So! Aside from that, I think I asked a sensible question: did you notice any performance drops out of the ordinary? Did you investigate it to pinpoint that it's your vram?

I'm legitimately asking to see if you're having an issue with the card or not. Whether it'll perform badly in the future shouldn't even be in the discussion because even the 980 is going to suck one day.

So! Aside from that, I think I asked a sensible question: did you notice any performance drops out of the ordinary? Did you investigate it to pinpoint that it's your vram?

I'm legitimately asking to see if you're having an issue with the card or not. Whether it'll perform badly in the future shouldn't even be in the discussion because even the 980 is going to suck one day.

I don't think he needs to go that far. The memory issue is permanent. Just needs to test it with some games.

Here is a comparision with a 670 4GB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLs6YJrP5xU

A new game and the problem arises again

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Total-War-Attila-PC-259548/Specials/Test-Benchmarks-1151602/

Yet again

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239140/discussions/0/606068060814531515/

Edited by Shahnewaz

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I don't think he needs to go that far. The memory issue is permanent. Just needs to test it with some games.

Here is a comparision with a 670 4GB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLs6YJrP5xU

A new game and the problem arises again

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Total-War-Attila-PC-259548/Specials/Test-Benchmarks-1151602/

Yet again

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239140/discussions/0/606068060814531515/

For every video that shows someone having an issue, i can show somebody not having issues. There is more to this than " 970 cant go over 3.5gb". I have yet to play a game where i get frame time spikes after 3.5gb and i have been searching. The only time i can reproduce high spikes is at ridiculous settings, where this card isnt powerful enough to run properly.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?