Worst virus encounters?

Ummm, well people? You know what am i thinking, right?

Hehe, i would like to try that.

Please post your worst virus encounter stories. THEY ARE WATCHING YOU!

I got ratted once out of the blue, didn't notice and then they closed my runescape client and my being stupid loaded it right back up and signed in. Following that they restarted my computer and stole all my money.

Since then I have learnt how to deal with viruses better, that appears to be the only virus I have had if I recall correctly.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

I had the infamous "Antivirus 2008" virus on my first ever desktop machine... Worst virus I ever had. Ever since then I have never had a virus (touch wood).

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

LOL, I once dowloaded some 8 pool game. Some "we search for permission" box came up, i clicked yes, and there you go, Smart Security virus properly installed. I never knewed of the virus until we did take the laptop to the IT guy. He said that antivirus is virus. And i can smell them since then. What is even worse, the guy who was fixing the thing left the shortcut on the desktop, my brother was curious of the virus: (click the icon) oh fuck this is the virus.

I got fixing it later by causing some errors to virus itself somehow and i deleted the files. My laptop was badly damaged and had to reinstall.

I haven't had to many viruses on my personal computers but there was one time I got a trojan that dug itself super deep into my Root files, boot files, and memory. Took me a couple days to get rid of but didn't have to do anything hard just had to keep at it.

I had a nasty encounter back in the XP days with the "Windows Anti-Virus" virus. I was only 6-8 years old? Thankfully my dad is tech savvy and got rid of it with ease.

You know how your parents talk about the birds and the bees? Well my dad talked to me about Internet security and what sites are safe or not...

Really, i got some awesome virus downloading minecraft stuff. I realized it was virus because it wasnt launching anything for 30 seconds (was executing and editing files in background), I quickly did flip laptop backwards and i did flip the battery out, and heck, it gave me a virus 5 seconds before shutting down. Guess what it was? YOUUUUU SHAAAALLLLL NOTTTTT PAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS virus that posted image of gandalf instead of searching for any famous website like google or youtube. Later i realized it was modding hosts file, just deleted after digging into 10 folders and later i discovered 10 ransomwares with malwarebytes, OMG YEEESSS, the biggest virus record of all time (not)

You know how your parents talk about the birds and the bees? Well my dad talked to me about Internet security and what sites are safe or not...

Really? Most of my life i was outside or on PC (now im only on PC because people get use of me by "friendships" so they wont be alone, and using me to fix their pc) And i think there was a reason why my BROS didnt let me on that CARnet sucky internet. I was searching for online games, and by that i got like awesome 200 viruses. I get BSOD every 10 seconds on my super old windows XP PC, i did get handshakes back then but now i laugh the shit out of it in theese days, and im fairly young.

My worst was Virut. Actually i still have it on my external hard drive :)) But i have off the autorun, so i can acess my old files easily. This guy went in all exes and destroy em / make em unusable. 

It spread thru number of files such as exes, running applications, i think even .jpeg and some other files.

I had to format disk because it infected or destroyed many files :/ 

And yea, its almost impossible to delete it, and google doesnt help either. 

Had about 4 anti viruses and malware/block programs, non of them helped to delete it. 

Not to mention it hijack your computer, open ports, backdoors, inject code in your main windows files, so basicly making your pc a zombie bot and useless.

It also makes some hidden files, that those are not virus itself, but when you connect to internet, it download virus. So yea, i havent encoutered anything like that. I am actually pretty impressed. 

I dont rely on normal antiviruses. What i would recommend is going for safe web browsers and plugins. On my old laptop i used plugin called Web of Trust and never did get virus after that, that is because the protection is based of user ratings. Experience knows the best. User that know this is bad will report it on their website and whenever you want to visit that specific website it will block you from viewing it and view comments on that specific website. This is best since it doesnt give performance hit. There is a website called virustotal. It basicly scans the file you choose on every good known antivirus in the cloud, and people can rate the thing. There is sandboxxy application in which you can "sandbox" or virtualize or izolate the application from the rest of the system, and in good cases those are webbrowsers, if things from browser manage to execute them selves, or even some applications, sandboxxy will emediatly test the application in its own enviourment  to check what does the app do and emmidieatly block it. There are even some few applications that izolate the whole system but i dont recommend that since it takes a lot of memory. And for finnaly normal antivirus you should use Hitman pro since in cloud it scans suspicious files with multiple antiviruses.

VirusTotal+Web plugin WOT+Rare use of sandboxxy and HitmanPro = Best virus protection and minimal performance hit :)

Dunno lol :D

Windows Anti Virus. Took Malware Bites, Pc tools, and a panic attack to get rid of that one. Only virus I ever got. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

When I was smaller, some MSN accounts of my friends were hacked and were sending messages with some strange link in them.

Stupid me decided to click on it and downloaded something, pop up ads were everywhere! Google redirected to some strange thing and pop ups of adult material came out of no where.

Never again. I had to reinstall Windows because I didn't know what else to do.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Some virus "broatus" or something, kept telling me to not use prostitutes... LOL had to wipe back 4-5 years ago when I didn't know about spybot s&d, malwarebytes etc..

I got crabs once.. Is that a virus? :)

ew wtf <_<

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I encountered one recently on my moms computer that allowed the person remote control of the laptop.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

Brand new install windows XP, bone stock.  Plugged into cable modem directly... bam... got the annoying shutdown countdown popup.  I always wondered why my cable modem was blinking like crazy even though nothing connected (besides power and coax).

Put router back and reinstall.  :D

This was a while back when I read somewhere you can get virus just by plugging into the internet.  Had to test it out haha.

My Rigs (past and present)

Haven't had any since 2005, but the one in '05 was literally the worst one I ever experienced.  Ended up just reformatting.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I remember Virut and the ms blaster... The later is an example of a virus that was experimental and created for the purpose soley test the windows OS, and some moron actually exposed it to the internet.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

• 2 weeks later...

I got crabs once.. Is that a virus? :)

Sorry wrong thread that's a parasite.

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

In my first computer I had a virus that did not allow me to view any other internet pages than stupid video showing someone's 'trip at the zoo. After finishing watching the video (which was about 10 .min) computer just restart itself and I had to unplug it to turn it off. Because I didn't know anything about computers at the time for whole week all i could do was watch this stupid video over and over again...