Windows based alternative to AstroPad

For the last few years, I was looking for a way to achieve what the AstroPad has managed to achieve on OSX, but for Windows based machines. I have tried old pennable Windows Machines to a desktop, via a few forms of remote connections and other software, they rarely worked (never worked with pen pressure). I have also tried Android tablets to Windows machines, using software similar to that of Avatron's Air Stylus. They were finicky at best. 

Now that there are other companies that are managing to create software that I've been looking for for quite a while, does anyone know if there is a Windows alternative that actually works.

PS - Not looking to replace my Wacom tablet. It is just something that would be convenient when I carry my laptop and tablet around.

AstroPad : http://connect.dpreview.com/post/5852544143/astropad-turns-ipad-into-drawing-tablet-for-mac

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

So you want drawing software with pressure sensitivity for Wacom tablets?

First of all, have the latest Wacom drivers installed.

Here are some programs I know: GIMP (use it personally, love it), Photoshop, Illustrator, Sai and there was another similar to PS, but for drawing

Derp, nevermind.. I understand what you mean now.. Apologies.. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

For the last few years, I was looking for a way to achieve what the AstroPad has managed to achieve on OSX, but for Windows based machines. I have tried old pennable Windows Machines to a desktop, via a few forms of remote connections and other software, they rarely worked (never worked with pen pressure). I have also tried Android tablets to Windows machines, using software similar to that of Avatron's Air Stylus. They were finicky at best. 

Now that there are other companies that are managing to create software that I've been looking for for quite a while, does anyone know if there is a Windows alternative that actually works.

PS - Not looking to replace my Wacom tablet. It is just something that would be convenient when I carry my laptop and tablet around.

AstroPad : http://connect.dpreview.com/post/5852544143/astropad-turns-ipad-into-drawing-tablet-for-mac

Surface pro 3 all I can think off. There are some options out there but as you said they don't work well.

So you want drawing software with pressure sensitivity for Wacom tablets?

First of all, have the latest Wacom drivers installed.

Here are some programs I know: GIMP (use it personally, love it), Photoshop, Illustrator, Sai and there was another similar to PS, but for drawing

Derp, nevermind.. I understand what you mean now.. Apologies.. 

Its alright. For years I was looking for something more portable. At home I use my Intuos Pro Medium. Realistically it is too large to carry with me everyday.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Surface pro 3 all I can think off. There are some options out there but as you said they don't work well.

I agree. After years of searching, I ended up getting a Surface Pro 1 last fall (the best compromise, couldnt justify the cost of the SP3), but there are times where I need more horse power or more battery life than the Surface can provide. This is where my other laptop and tablet come to play.

I agree. After years of searching, I ended up getting a Surface Pro 1 last fall (the best compromise, couldnt justify the cost of the SP3), but there are times where I need more horse power or more battery life than the Surface can provide. This is where my other laptop and tablet come to play.

The pro3 has a better styles and has some decent hardware upgrades. But yeah $$

The pro3 has a better styles and has some decent hardware upgrades. But yeah $$

I rather stick with Wacom stylus because I have a ton of pens already lying around from other pennable devices and I'm not sure if a lot of the software I use has been updated to properly work with N-Trig tech (last time I checked they has shoddy compatibility with some of the software I use).

Wacom themselves make tablets that run off their own Wacom pens, don't they? Or was that something else they made? 

Wacom themselves make tablets that run off their own Wacom pens, don't they? Or was that something else they made? 

They did. It is called the Cintiq companion, but it is prohibitively expensive and basically a more artist tailored Surface Pro.