Best APU in the FM2/FM2+

Well, I don't want to get a GPU in the first few months after I finish my build. What would be the best APU to get? Only things missing to my build are APU, RAM, and the PSU. I got all other components like case, monitor and peripherals, and my FM2+ mobo.

As of now, I'm planning to follow Linus' Ultimate Build which has A10-7850K, Hyper T4, R7 250, and 8GB of RAM.

Spoiler

well seeing you live in the same country as me I kinda don't advise an apu if you're getting a gpu next month but hey I'll go with what you want.

you can skip the hyper t4 for now and just grab it when you're getting the gpu.

If you're getting it in the same place I'm thinking might as well grab the t4 together with the gpu so your travel won't be wasted. overall looks good.

Live your life like a dream.

Do not get an APU, their performance is disappointing at best. I went the same route, and it sucked. Could barely handle battlefield 4 on console grade graphics settings

Absolute waste of money.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

you can skip the hyper t4 for now and just grab it when you're getting the gpu.

I already got the T4, only things remain missing are APU, RAM, and PSU.

Budget for whole build please.

Roughly $400 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LnWxP6

Do not get an APU, their performance is disappointing at best. I went the same route, and it sucked. Could barely handle battlefield 4 on console grade graphics settings

Absolute waste of money.

I'm not going for Ultra 1080p, Medium or High 720p is actually fine by me

Spoiler

If you're looking for an APU A10 7850K is nice, but are you sure? Like, if you want to do heavy gaming then an APU might not work for you.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I already got the T4, only things remain missing are APU, RAM, and PSU.

Roughly $400 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LnWxP6

I'm not going for Ultra 1080p, Medium or High 720p is actually fine by me

So you already have the case, motherboard and storage?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

If you're looking for an APU A10 7850K is nice, but are you sure? Like, if you want to do heavy gaming then an APU might not work for you.

I'm planning to sell the APU by the time that I already need to upgrade. At the same time, the money will be put into the shipping fee + cost of 860K and most likely an R7 250 or 260X (whichever fits the sell price)

I guess on summer vacations, I can probably do 10-15hrs of lightweight gaming (Dota2 most likely)

So you already have the case, motherboard and storage?

Yes, as I said, my remaining pieces yet to get would be APU, RAM, and PSU. :D

Spoiler

In our country money is kinda not as easy as others >.< 

getting the apu might be a nice choice for him after all even if I don't really recommend it.

doesn't seem to be doing heavy gaming.

something like the evga500b 80plus bronze which worked fine and the seasonic m12ii B(the flat cable ones) 520w 80plus bronze which is similarly priced for the psu.

for ram there was a g.skill aegis I think 8gb 1600mhz cl9 ram for 3700php. 

for apu just grab the a10 should do fine I guess.

edit: damn just typo it at 160mhz wow hahahaaha well already corrected it.

btw our country has more people playing dota 1, league of legends and dota 2 than bf4 and such (a lot of people here hate pay to play games).

kinda people here love to play free to play games with those cash shops and such so they can sell the account and make money.

Absolute waste of money.

And what APU you got ?

A friend of mine is using a A10-7850k with 8gb 2400mhz ram and he runs BF4 medium 900p at 45-65 fps ...

But i would reccomend a 860k and a 260x/265 for that kind of money 

Let's agree to disagree

In our country money is kinda not as easy as others >.< 

getting the apu might be a nice choice for him after all even if I don't really recommend it.

doesn't seem to be doing heavy gaming.

something like the evga500b 80plus bronze which worked fine and the seasonic m12ii B(the flat cable ones) 520w 80plus bronze which is similarly priced for the psu.

for ram there was a g.skill aegis I think 8gb 1600mhz cl9 ram for 3700php. 

for apu just grab the a10 should do fine I guess.

btw our country has more people playing dota 1, league of legends and dota 2 than bf4 and such (a lot of people here hate pay to play games).

I'll be buying the APU and RAM via NewEgg, I save around a total of $30 including shipping.. For PSU, I'll be getting a temporary VS450 while I don't have a GPU yet, be upgrading it to CX500M by that time.

My game bucket is: Dota2, NBA 2k14, NBA 2k15, Sniper Elite 3, Sniper Elite v2, Battlefield 3, AC Series (will try to run Unity at this point), NFS Rivals, aaand Euro Truck Simulator 2

Spoiler

And what APU you got ?

A friend of mine is using a A10-7850k with 8gb 2400mhz ram and he runs BF4 medium 900p at 45-65 fps ...

I was gonna get 860K by early February until this guy showed up

264khlw.jpg

Spoiler

If you get A10 7850K you might stuck with APU because (FM2+) when you upgrade to (let's say) FX CPU or switch to Intel you need to switch the motherboard. 

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I was gonna get 860K by early February until this guy showed up

264khlw.jpg

That looks shady as fuck!

Let's agree to disagree

switch to Intel you need to switch the motherboard. 

NO. I'm sick and tired of Intel being over-rated as a better CPU than AMD (I don't want to start a war here)

If you get A10 7850K you might stuck with APU because (FM2+) when you upgrade to (let's say) FX CPU

There are CPU options in FM2 series like 760K and 860K, which are essentially APUs with disabled iGPU

Spoiler

That looks shady as fuck!

I'd already contacted both my bank and them (that was OutletPC). OutletPC said it will take 5-10 working days to return the money. My local bank said it will depend on 15-95 working days to fix the issue...

So basically, my ~$82 is in lockdown that could take 4 months.. By that time, I gotta say, I already got the money to buy APU and RAM.. (Which would leave me $82 as a "spending money" for PSU and prolly GPU)

Spoiler

NO. I'm sick and tired of Intel being over-rated as a better CPU than AMD (I don't want to start a war here)

There are CPU options in FM2 series like 760K and 860K, which are essentially APUs with disabled iGPU

Yeah you can go with Athlon, nothing's wrong with it.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

Yeah you can go with Athlon, nothing's wrong with it.

yeah.. refer to this picture after I ordered an Athlon 860K at OutletPC

264khlw.jpg

Spoiler

And what APU you got ?

Mine was an A10-5700, nothing too expensive. Running with 8gb 1600mhz ram. So not the best.

I'd still recommend a low end gpu over any APU any day of the week. It's just better. APU's are for consoles, nothing more.

Intel isn't overrated, it's just higher performing per single core, for more money. An AMD CPU is fine for gaming if you get the right one, but APU's just suck all around unless you go the dual graphics route, in which case you are limited to only low end GPU's. It's just not a great solution in my opinion. You're better off going AM3/AM3+ CPU and whatever GPU you want. That will outdo any of the APU's in my opinion.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

yeah.. refer to this picture after I ordered an Athlon 860K at OutletPC

264khlw.jpg

I guess you should use the A10 7850K for now. 

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

@dialgarocksful

Seeing that you're in the capital, I suggest making a few trips to Gilmore to check out the prices... I highly recommend PCWorx and PC Options (Gilmore Branches) since they're the larger shops there...

Gaisano can be a pain to deal with so go to them as a last resort...

There are some packages where you can save up to 3k PhP if you get it...

Buying with cold hard cash may also give you some discounts...

Edit: also identification is no problem as long as you pay with cash...

I'll be buying the APU and RAM via NewEgg, I save around a total of $30 including shipping.. For PSU, I'll be getting a temporary VS450 while I don't have a GPU yet, be upgrading it to CX500M by that time.

My game bucket is: Dota2, NBA 2k14, NBA 2k15, Sniper Elite 3, Sniper Elite v2, Battlefield 3, AC Series (will try to run Unity at this point), NFS Rivals, aaand Euro Truck Simulator 2

those are pretty easy to run games probably beside bf3 and some ac part.

dota 2 and nba 2k14/2k15 on a recently built apu a6 6400k with 4gb 1600mhz ram no gpu worked fine for those game at 1366x768 (if I recall the resolution right).

those are pretty easy to run games probably beside bf3 and some ac part.

dota 2 and nba 2k14/2k15 on a recently built apu a6 6400k with 4gb 1600mhz ram no gpu worked fine for those game at 1366x768 (if I recall the resolution right).

1366x768 would be around slightly higher than 720p..

@dialgarocksful

Seeing that you're in the capital, I suggest making a few trips to Gilmore to check out the prices... I highly recommend PCWorx and PC Options (Gilmore Branches) since they're the larger shops there...

Gaisano can be a pain to deal with so go to them as a last resort...

There are some packages where you can save up to 3k PhP if you get it...

Buying with cold hard cash may also give you some discounts...

Edit: also identification is no problem as long as you pay with cash...

went there yesterday to buy the Hyper T4 + some case fans.. Still, 7850K is overpriced as fuck.. costing ~8.4k PhP ($190 USD), I can already buy a 7850K  at NewEgg for $150, shipping would cost me $15. Remaining cash would left out to PSU.

Spoiler

went there yesterday to buy the Hyper T4 + some case fans.. Still, 7850K is overpriced as fuck.. costing ~8.4k PhP ($190 USD), I can already buy a 7850K  at NewEgg for $150, shipping would cost me $15. Remaining cash would left out to PSU.

At least it's got R7 integrated graphics.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

(damned stagnant PH prices, still better than an A8-5600k for 14k PhP at one shop)

Have you tried applying for PayPal? BDO and Landbank are accepted afaik...

also try speaking with JonnyAir (SM Megamall) or LBC on shipping/forwarding...