Solving

Jimbillroo Digital

Shift numbers on the right to the left and you'll have a quadratic eqn to solve.

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

4 and 7. 

and -3 and -6

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

http://www.freemathhelp.com/factoring-calculator.php

I calculator'd my way through two college algebra classes. No reason not to, when will I need complex algebra and not have access to a calculator and or the internet?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1. catalog

2. factor(

:P

As much as it sounds lazy, why do we continue to force people to learn things that they likely will never use, or that can be put off to a calculator? Teach them to use the calculator correctly instead. Move on with life lol

http://www.freemathhelp.com/factoring-calculator.php

I calculator'd my way through two college algebra classes. No reason not to, when will I need complex algebra and not have access to a calculator and or the internet?

and -3 and -6

4 and 7. 

Shift numbers on the right to the left and you'll have a quadratic eqn to solve.

s^2 -s-12 = (s-4)(s+3)         s= -3 or 4

s^2 -s-42 = (s-7)(s+6)         s= -6 or 7

Thanks everyone. I can't mark these answers as solved because that feature isn't on Off Topic posts. So, I'm going to like all of your posts so your total likes increases on your profile.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

Thanks everyone. I can't mark these answers as solved because that feature isn't on Off Topic posts. So, I'm going to like all of your posts so your total likes increases on your profile.

If you are doing college algebra, there are calculators online for just about everything. Just takes a bit to work out the correct ways to use them.

As much as it sounds lazy, why do we continue to force people to learn things that they likely will never use, or that can be put off to a calculator? Teach them to use the calculator correctly instead. Move on with life lol

Totally agree. When will I need this stuff?

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

I don't agree with that.

People would just be completely dependant on technology. It's sad when you go to a store and the cashier has to do simple arithmetic on a calculator.

System: Thinkpad T460

I don't agree with that.

People would just be completely dependant on technology. It's sad when you go to a store and the cashier has to do simple arithmetic on a calculator.

Simple arithmetic I agree, but when will you need complex algebraic equations, and not have access to the technology to do them for you? Hell, snipers in the middle of warzones have a device that calculates their shots for them, yes, they still have to learn to do it with a notepad, but that is really the only situation I can forsee needing to know how to do it in your head.

Ignoring that uneducated, insurgent snipers are still effective without said tech and knowledge (at least to my knowledge)

Totally agree. When will I need this stuff?

You're gonna have a really bad time once you have to do the advanced stuff if you don't learn it from the start. Trust me. I had a really hard time catching up 3 years of math. 

Simple arithmetic I agree, but when will you need complex algebraic equations, and not have access to the technology to do them for you? Hell, snipers in the middle of warzones have a device that calculates their shots for them, yes, they still have to learn to do it with a notepad, but that is really the only situation I can forsee needing to know how to do it in your head.

Ignoring that uneducated, insurgent snipers are still effective without said tech and knowledge (at least to my knowledge)

It's more about the process than getting to the same conclusion...

You can go with either side of the argument depending on the situation.

System: Thinkpad T460

It's more about the process than getting to the same conclusion...

You can go with either side of the argument depending on the situation.

Very true. But for most people that aren't math teachers or theorists, it's about the conclusion.

LinusMathTips

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.