How to control my fans?

LASER

Hi

I got 5 fans in total and i want to make them run at lower rpm at idle. Its not so loud but i know it can be better. I think they are running at full speed right now.

Im noob when comes to controlling fan speed and rpm´s...

I got:

2x SP120 fans on H100i, conncected to the pump and from the pump to CPU FAN header.

2x AF120 fans in front of the case for intake. This is connected to CASE FAN 1 and 2 header.

1 AF120 fan in back for outtake. This is  connected to OPT FAN 1 header.

All this is connected to CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z motherbord.

I tried different software, like asus fan xpert and Corsair LINK and i cant make it work. One program says its ok and one that my CPU rpm s are same 2272rpm

5m3MdTY.png

wAkIWw7.png

B5uyuOu.png

Can u tell me how to use this fan xpert and make some changes in rpm´s??

Thanks

The H100i is plugged into your CPU fan header only to give you the speed. It is actually constantly powered by SATA power, so it should always be running at 2200rpm. This is pump speed, and you cannot change this

If you want to control the fans on the H100i you can plug them into the H100i and control them with corsair link or plug them into your motherboard and control them with fanxper (which is what I would do if you have free fan ports)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Buy a Fan controller 

hardware fan controllers suck, fan xpert is by far the best fan control utility in existence

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

hardware fan controllers suck, fan xpert is by far the best fan control utility in existence

No it isnt.

Ok thanks, so the picture of my fan xpert settings are good? Im mean i did apply them i hope the scale works when i get my pc under load..

No it isnt.

You've obviously never used it then. Maybe youre one of those people that enjoys turning 5 knobs manually every time you start or stop gaming? lol

Ok thanks, so the picture of my fan xpert settings are good? Im mean i did apply them i hope the scale works when i get my pc under load..

Yes they are great. If you notice your temps getting too hot you can always just shift the curve a bit to the left and that should keep noise and temps within reason

Spoiler

You've obviously never used it then. Maybe youre one of those people that enjoys turning 5 knobs manually every time you start or stop gaming? lol

I use it. I just would like a manual setting to put in my fan voltage manually and not have the program do everything for me. Also the readouts are wrong.

I use it. I just would like a manual setting to put in my fan voltage manually and not have the program do everything for me. Also the readouts are wrong.

making a fan curve is also putting it in manually, except you have more control, and you only have to set it once and not touch it again. That's the ENTIRE POINT of a fan curve

and the readouts are right as long as your fan isnt a POS and has a good quality tachometer in it

Spoiler

making a fan curve is also putting it in manually, except you have more control, and you only have to set it once and not touch it again. That's the ENTIRE POINT of a fan curve

and the readouts are right as long as your fan isnt a POS and has a good quality tachometer in it

Yes but the readout for when the fan is starting is fuckin wrong. And I use NF-F12 and NF-A14s so dont try to tell me its my cheapo fans

Yes but the readout for when the fan is starting is fuckin wrong. And I use NF-F12 and NF-A14s so dont try to tell me its my cheapo fans

I dont see what you mean by "when the fan is starting"...

Spoiler

I dont see what you mean by "when the fan is starting"...

This (and its wrong + made by fan expert) f4ABKeQ.png

This (and its wrong + made by fan expert) f4ABKeQ.png

Theres nothing wrong there...?

Spoiler

Everything is fucking wrong there

No there is nothing wrong with that. Fan xpert is specifically made to only control fans at 40% at above. All those 0rpms are normal. Voltage control cuts off at 40%

You can get lower speeds if you plug it into the CPU fan header and enable PWM control.

Spoiler

No there is nothing wrong with that. Fan xpert is specifically made to only control fans at 40% at above. All those 0rpms are normal. Voltage control cuts off at 40%

You can get lower speeds if you plug it into the CPU fan header and enable PWM control.

It is in a cpu header and pwm is enabled.

It is in a cpu header and pwm is enabled.

well then its probably just set to 40% minimum

why would you buy a 1500rpm fan and run it at 300rpm though?

Spoiler