Win8 activation

EMENCII

Hi guys,

how can i transfer without cloning win 8 from the old HDD to the SSD? Do i have to format the HDD? I'd prefer not to do that... (I have the CD for the installation files)

Thanks,

EMENCII

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

You could clone and there is another option I will try to find the guide.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Hi guys,

how can i transfer without cloning win 8 from the old HDD to the SSD? Do i have to format the HDD? I'd prefer not to do that... (I have the CD for the installation files)

Thanks,

EMENCII

You may try a system image.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Transfer what? The product key or the operating system? AOMEI Backupper would let you make a full image of your HDD and then drop it on your new SSD, everything included.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Do not clone your OS over, you have to completely reinstall windows to the SSD or you will experience BSOD's and crashes later on.

??? elaborate a lot of people do it and there fine.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Transfer what? The product key or the operating system? AOMEI Backupper would let you make a full image of your HDD and then drop it on your new SSD, everything included.

I just want to have a clean win8 installation... I have much shit on the HDD, that's why i dont want to clone it... But I dont think it would accept the key again...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

??? elaborate a lot of people do it and there fine.

Stuff can get messed up in the transfer, some SSD's simply break, some files can get corrupt.

Stuff can get messed up in the transfer, some SSD's simply break, some files can get corrupt.

Did this happen to you ???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Four times, yes.

840 EVO

MX500

MX100

Intel 730 series

What software were you using ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

What software were you using ??

Clonezilla. I don't use in-OS cloning software.

Clonezilla. I don't use in-OS cloning software.

Why ???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Why ???

Because clonezilla is awesome for writing bit-for-bit across mechanical drives?

Because clonezilla is awesome for writing bit-for-bit across mechanical drives?

Good to know, maybe clonezilla is the reason for your bad experience ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Good to know, maybe clonezilla is the reason for your bad experience ??

Negative, just cloning HDD to an SSD in general is a bad idea.

Interesting, thanks for the tip.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

JeffreyEagan, on 20 Feb 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

Not too sure about that. I used Segate's DiskWizard to clone my laptop HDD to my SSD, plugged them both into my PC, and absolutely no problem

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Cloning is fine, I've personally done it hundreds of times with no repocussions at all however nowadays I just use Windows built in System Imager.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

- snip -

Ok, deactivated from the HDD, put in the activation tab on the SSD, it's already used.

Microsoft, dont follow ubisoft and ea please...

Ok, deactivated from the HDD, put in the activation tab on the SSD, it's already used.

Microsoft, dont follow ubisoft and ea please...

I would suggest going to the thread I linked because in that thread you will get more help, don't forget to tag in OP.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I would suggest going to the thread I linked because in that thread you will get more help, don't forget to tag in OP.

How?

How?

Like this @*insert the name as plain text*

@EMENCII

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

@cesrai

Oh, the last time i did didnt work... ^^'

Thank you for the help mate :D