GTX 970 but which one?

Stanton
Go to solution Solved by Stanton,

There is your answer :)

Yip thanks everyone for the insight :)

Damage controlling for Nvidia ?

Nope. Damage controlling for LTT. We have enough little trolls to begin with.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Damage controlling for Nvidia ?

There's no need for that as it's a good card by any measure. Razzaa is just answering the question. ;)

Nope. Damage controlling for LTT. We have enough little trolls to begin with.

Btw wasnt really trolling, just making an innocent joke, anyway i wouldnt reccomend buying 970 after how Nvidia has screwed its customers, 970 should rival 290X at 4K, but that 0.5 GB thing prevents it from doing so.

Btw wasnt really trolling, just making an innocent joke, anyway i wouldnt reccomend buying 970 after how Nvidia has screwed its customers, 970 should rival 290X at 4K, but that 0.5 GB thing prevents it from doing so.

Again, off topic and trying to derail the thread. The OP never asks if he should buy a 290 or 970. He also didn't ask for your expert opinion on the 970 which you do not own. We have a thread related to the 970 Vram. If you want to debate 970 vs 290, please do it elsewhere.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Again, off topic and trying to derail the thread. The OP never asks if he should buy a 290 or 970. He also didn't ask for your expert opinion on the 970 which you do not own. We have a thread related to the 970 Vram. If you want to debate 970 vs 290, please do it elsewhere.

Calm down.

the card has no blame and its fine.nvidia wasn`t transparent about the specs. however that doesn`t change its performance seen in all the benchmarks.

best 290x vs best 970 http://www.thinkcomputers.org/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-970-g1-gaming-graphics-card-review/5/

yeah

I don't understand the love of the Gigabyte G1.  It is the biggest and loudest of the cards.

EVGA just released two new card in January.  The GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ and the FTW+.  Both cards are factory clocked higher than the G1, have similar power delivery and unlike the G1, have a 0db mode.  If you don't plan on overclocking yourself, the FTW+ is the fastest stock card you can get.

Fractal Design Define R5 | i7-4790k | Corsair H80 | Asus Z97-Pro WiFi | 2 x EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ | 16GB G.Skill Sniper@1866MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB | 1TB + 750GB drives | EVGA 750W G2 | 27" BenQ IPS 1440p@60Hz | Windows 10

i sould go with MSI. I got i for a few days now and it is a beast! all the most recent game's on ULTRA! w/o anny problems, never goes under 50fps :)

Heres whats goin on with the 970 .. http://youtu.be/spZJrsssPA0

:)

Case: Corsair 760T White PSU: Corsair AX1200i Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Formula CPU: I7-4790k Cooler: Stock Cooler Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2400mhz GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Heres whats goin on with the 970 ..

:)

I've tried really hard to get it going on with mine and it just won't happen for me. Big 30" screen, 2560x1600 resolution, ultra textures. I've pounded it on stock boost with no overclock too. It just handles it all with such ease and won't give me the reason to hate it. Not yet anyhow.. :)

Hating the Nvidia scam. Now, that's a different story.

I would still buy the card if the box said 3.5 gb vram. Every review about the vram issue still states that its a great card for its value. Perhaps thats just me tho..

Case: Corsair 760T White PSU: Corsair AX1200i Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Formula CPU: I7-4790k Cooler: Stock Cooler Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2400mhz GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970