Looking to buy new monitors...

Silentknight

As the title suggests, I'm looking to get new monitors.  There are a few things I'm looking for specifically.

1.  Must be IPS panel type ( Don't care about 3D)

2.  Cannot exceed 24" in size, as my custom built monitor stand wont support anything larger (at least not yet)

3.  Must be connected via Display Port WITH Daisy Chain compatibility

4.  Must be 1080p or better will be running three in nVidia surround

5.  Budget wise, i can do $300 per monitor, i can push $400 each if its a good deal.

6.  Must have VESA mount compatability

If anyone has comments or suggestions lemme know.

~ Silent

• CPU - Intel x79 3820 @ 4.30 Ghz || Motherboard - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme || RAM - 16GB Corsair Dominator 1866 Mhz 4x4 || GPU - EVGA GTX 680 SLI (2x)

• Case - CM HAF-X || Storage - Corsair SSD 120GB/60GB WD 1TB Black || PSU - Corsair HX1050 || Display(s) - 3x@ 24" 1x Auxillary 19" || Cooling - Corsair H100

Keyboard - Mionix Zibal 60 || Mouse - Logitech G602

ASUS PB238Q. Great monitor for about $250

Does not have Daisy Chain compatibility tho.

• CPU - Intel x79 3820 @ 4.30 Ghz || Motherboard - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme || RAM - 16GB Corsair Dominator 1866 Mhz 4x4 || GPU - EVGA GTX 680 SLI (2x)

• Case - CM HAF-X || Storage - Corsair SSD 120GB/60GB WD 1TB Black || PSU - Corsair HX1050 || Display(s) - 3x@ 24" 1x Auxillary 19" || Cooling - Corsair H100

Hmm... the Dell UltraSharp series have it. But on the higher end model.

Check out the Dell U2413 (not to be confused with the less expensive and obviously much lower end, U2412M).

What bugs me with the U2413 is that it overshoots a bit, which might be annoying to you in same game when you'll have for example a dark plane passing in a light color sky in a game, as fast speed.

The problem.. is budget. It's outside your budget The monitor is 600$ each. You might be able to get 450$ if you call and negotiate.. but definitively not 300$.

How can you tell if a monitor has daisy chaining? 

I have researched a few monitors to suggest, but I can't tell where to look to make sure they have it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Acer h236hl, 1080p with IPS Panel, it's $179.99 and has a thin bezel and you're going to use it for surround so it's perfect

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

How can you tell if a monitor has daisy chaining? 

I have researched a few monitors to suggest, but I can't tell where to look to make sure they have it.

The monitor has a DisplayPort OUT plug as well as IN plug. Daisy Chaining is available on DisplayPort 1.2 ready monitor, and require a GPU with full DisplayPort 1.2 support

Acer h236hl, 1080p with IPS Panel, it's $179.99 and has a thin bezel and you're going to use it for surround so it's perfect

Not daisy chainable, and doesnt support Vesa mount.  Otheriwise its definetly a nice monitor

Hmm... the Dell UltraSharp series have it. But on the higher end model.

Check out the Dell U2413 (not to be confused with the less expensive and obviously much lower end, U2412M).

What bugs me with the U2413 is that it overshoots a bit, which might be annoying to you in same game when you'll have for example a dark plane passing in a light color sky in a game, as fast speed.

The problem.. is budget. It's outside your budget The monitor is 600$ each. You might be able to get 450$ if you call and negotiate.. but definitively not 300$.

Definetly like that U2413, but ya that price tag... may have to put off upgrading for a year to save up :(

Definetly like that U2413, but ya that price tag... may have to put off upgrading for a year to save up :(

Daisey Chaining feature is brand new ... ok it's not, it's been a few years it was released part of DP 1.2 specs, but it is new at the consumer level.

What I am trying to say, is that daisy chaining feature just started to appear. It will take quiet a bit of time before competition pushes that feature on lower end models, let alone be more available on more high end models from the competitors (Lenovo, LG, HP and ASUS)